Importing From Yiwu China to UK door to door

Discussion in 'International Business' started by jake brady, Feb 21, 2018.

1. jake brady

jake brady UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hi,

I am going to Yiwu, China in April with the aim of purchasing good for resale in the UK.

I will be purchasing from a number of suppliers. I am not sure if it will be LCL or FCL.

I was hoping for some advise on anyone with previous experience importing from Yiwu to the UK.

Or any freight companies that can help out or give a rough quote for door to door 20ft for example.

Many thanks.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 By: jake brady Member since: Mar 20, 2015
  2. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

4,976 1,062
    This is really vague. Have you imported from anywhere in China before? Have you been to Yiwu before?

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. jake brady

6 0
    Sorry, yes I have imported from China by air many times.

No this is my first time in Yiwu.

Thanks

4. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,757 739
    What products are you planning on purchasing from Yiwu?

Yiwu is noted for its cheap tat albeit convenient for purchasing in small quantities.

For specific products, it’s best to buy from the actual cities where they are made.

The after sales service from the vast majority of Yiwu traders are non existent.

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  5. jake brady

6 0
    I am accompanying a friend who has links with the jewellery industry in Yiwu. He's visiting a factory based there.

I am on the look out to buy a number of lines in small quantities for resell online eBay and Amazon.

I am fascinated by the idea and scale of the market and can't wait to see it.

6. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,757 739
    If you plan on buying goods from the market, it's important to have someone check that the goods are correct (and well packaged), before parting with the balance payments.

It's also important to have someone coordinate the shipments from all the suppliers (including all paperwork) and to arrange the container loading, if it's a full container.

It's a huge market and would only suggest to go there to open your eyes as to what's available.

If you know what you are after, there are better (and more reliable) places to buy from.

Enjoy your trip.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  7. jake brady

6 0
    Thanks for your advise. Its much appreciated.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: jake brady Member since: Mar 20, 2015
  8. Novevan

Novevan UKBF Regular Full Member

171 42
    Hi, The price is about 1000GBP for 20ft door to door from Yiwu to UK, and the exact price depends on your products and place. We are loacated in Yiwu, if you need any help, we are very happy to serve you.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: Novevan Member since: May 6, 2014
  9. Maple Sourcing

Maple Sourcing UKBF Regular Full Member

331 71
    Pay attention to quality not only for first order, but also for repeat orders, because it happens often that the repeated order is made by a totally different factory. Keep in mind there are hundreds of factories making similar jewelry or hand craft products, majority of them offer average to low quality, very little after-sell assurance.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: Maple Sourcing Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  10. jake brady

6 0
    Thank-you for your replies.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 By: jake brady Member since: Mar 20, 2015
  11. PowerForwarding

PowerForwarding UKBF Regular Free Member

216 37
    Speak to a UK based freight forwarder and they will advise if best shipped via LCL or FCL and will advise appropriate costings.

Posted: Mar 2, 2018 By: PowerForwarding Member since: Jun 9, 2011
  12. Ecowritingtablet

Ecowritingtablet UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 2
    wish yiwu can make you happy in your traveling. now yiwu seems selling something cheaper and medium-lower quality products.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 By: Ecowritingtablet Member since: Mar 14, 2018