Import Certificates ect Help

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Mike295, Sep 10, 2020.

  1. Mike295

    Mike295 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    2 0
    Good morning all,

    Could I please get your help - I am looking at importing small number of units of Commodity Code 9503007900 (Other toys and models, incorporating a motor - Of other materials).

    I have found a supplier from China that I trust and have gathered all associated costs. One thing that I can not get a clear answer on is what certificates ect are required for importing this type of product - nowhere lists the exact requirements.

    The supplier has a valid CE certificate for the products electrical components, but that's it. Whilst researching online I found references to ROHS, EN71, CE, FCC which may or may not be required. Can anyone advise exactly what I need for my commodity code?

    I don't want to be in a position whereby my product does not have the correct certifications to clear customs.

    Thanks in advance, Mike
    Posted: Sep 10, 2020 By: Mike295 Member since: Sep 10, 2020
  2. GraemeL

    GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

    5,129 1,108
    What exactly is the product? The code covers a wide variety.
    Posted: Sep 10, 2020 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Mike295

    Mike295 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    2 0
    It's remote controlled cars. These are high-end scale models suited at ages 14+ (box states age restriction to 14+). thanks
    Posted: Sep 10, 2020 By: Mike295 Member since: Sep 10, 2020

    MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Legend Full Member

    5,610 1,319
    A CE Certificate involves one or more tests which are required to be passed for any specific product.

    Contact your local SGS/Intertek (or other Testing House organisation) and ask them which tests are required.

    Regulations, Directives & Legislation often gets updated, especially with UK requirements after 31Dec 2020.

    Remote Control cars will have a battery, so you'll also need an MSDS Report.

    FCC is for USA only.
    Posted: Sep 11, 2020 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011

    CHUKTC UKBF Regular Free Member

    172 29
    CE certification must be done on all products to which it applies and to all the directives applicable to the product. In this case you have a toy, with an electric motor and it is remote controlled. A number of directives need to be complied with and your declaration of conformity must state which directives you have applied. The evidence that your device conforms tot he directives must be contained in a technical file which will include the necessary test reports. The directives you need to comply with are as follows:

    EMC directive 2014/30/EU
    RoHS directive 2011/65/EU
    Radio report directive 2014/53/EU

    Possibly WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU depending on your circumstances

    (if over 75v DC - LVD directive 2014/35/EU)

    The toy directive EN71 only applies to items designed or intended for use in play by children under 14 years of age so it would appear not to apply in this case.

    As mentioned above assuming you are planning to ship with batteries the batteries will require MSDS to ship and are classified as hazardous cargo. This is not part of CE.

    Make sure you ask for the technical file not just a 'CE certificate'

    Hope this helps.
    Posted: Sep 11, 2020 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  6. DontAsk

    DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

    1,531 228
    As importer you do not need anything to import these goods but you are liable, and will need to get the correct certification, before putting anything on the market.
    Posted: Sep 11, 2020 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015