Import and Export

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Kaydo, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Kaydo

Kaydo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I want to set up an import/ export business and i am not sure of where to start from. As i have no experience, and capital to start off as a distributor, i was thinking of becoming an agent/consultant. My idea is to focus on importing exotic organic fruits into the UK. How do i locate suppliers with specific products? What is the best route to take in starting off?

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 By: Kaydo Member since: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

10,554 1,106
    Google.

And some experience.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

59 10
    Setting up your own business is extremely hard work and high risk but if successful is very satisfying and rewarding. On the other hand if it fails, it will hurt you hard especially financially. From your initial comments/questions you are not ready to start your own business. I would suggest you get a job working in the sector you are keen to start a business in and go from there.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  4. Andy777

Andy777 UKBF Regular Full Member

270 68
    Exactly.

I would even go further and ask - WHY do you want to start such a business when you don't have any experience or resources?

I'm sorry but it sounds totally unrealistic to me.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 By: Andy777 Member since: Apr 12, 2011
  5. bgnovuc

bgnovuc UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 0
    try businessforsale for good offers these things require a lot of experience so you'll better of buying some already established busines....

Posted: Nov 22, 2018 By: bgnovuc Member since: Sep 12, 2017