If you ever need your iPhone replaced by 02 don't expect any help

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by ethical PR, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,060 1,543
    Sorry just need to let off steam about the appalling service, or should I say lack of service, I have received from 02 when trying to replace a lost business contract iPhone under their insurance.

I first tried to report it nearly two weeks ago. Unfortunately because this was about the time of launch of the iPhone 4, all their lines went down and I couldnt get through to the insurance team. Customer services promised the insurance team would call me, but this never happened.

I registered the loss online. And then had to call back a further 14 times before I could get through to make an insurance claim.

Initially I was told they were out of my make of iPhone, so although I had a valid claim, they couldn't process it. After being passed back and forth between departments and spending three hours on the phone, I was then told I would get the phone by the end of last week and they would text me on our other business iphone the day before to let me know it was being delivered.

When the phone hadn't arrived by yesterday, I called again - waiting over 40 minutes to get through to be told they had sent the phone out to me, but they put the wrong name on the order.

This meant when the post office tried to deliver it to us, because they asked us to sign for a parcel in the name of someone we hadn't heard of, (and they hadn't sent the promised text to say the phone was being delivered) we indicated there must be an error and they took the phone back.

02 told us to contact the post office and arrange to go and collect the phone from the depot with two forms of ID. They said if we couldnt arrange this, it would be a further 21 days before we could get the phone redelivered.

When I went to the Post Office this morning, they told me this was incorrect and the parcel was automatically returned to 02 yesterday!

I cant believe 02 think it's acceptable to make a business customer wait over a month for a phone, which under the terms of their insurance (if they have them in stock, which they have had since last week), they should deliver within 24 hours.

I have just spoken to their fulfillment team who handle distribution, who say that this happens quite often and that the insurance team, can organise for me to be sent out a replacement phone within 24 hours.

I am now waiting to speak to a supervisor in the insurance team (have been waiting 35 minutes so far) as the insurance people are telling me this isn't possible.

I have also put in two complaints and written to the CE, all with no response.

Lesson learnt. When my contract comes up for renewal I certainly won't be using 02. :)

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  2. no118.co.uk

no118.co.uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

502 77
    Its a fact that the bigger the company, the harder it is do get anything done :(

I wish you all the best

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: no118.co.uk Member since: Oct 3, 2009
  3. smashing1989

smashing1989 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    This is what worries me about moving away from orange....I have had their insurance on my phone for the last few years....in that time iv broken two, two developed known faults and I lost one in the hills of the lake district. Each time i have rung them it took 30 seconds max for me to get through to the claims department and then they just asked what happened..."ok sir thats no problem what time would you like us to drop off your new phone tomorrow"...iv always asked for the 9am-1pm(roughly) option and each time iv had it at 8:30am the next day...every time without fault.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: smashing1989 Member since: Apr 22, 2010
  4. Mpg

Mpg UKBF Ace Free Member

1,477 276
    I'm planning on moving from Orange to O2 As I was let down by Orange. Lets hope O2 will be better for me especially as I'm after 14 phones.

Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: Mpg Member since: Aug 18, 2009
  5. Zeal

Zeal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

955 252
    Ethical PR - Why waste your time with plebs? ronan.dunne[@]o2.com

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: Zeal Member since: Oct 3, 2009
  6. Mpg

Mpg UKBF Ace Free Member

1,477 276

May not help I went to the CEO with my problem. Got told by a member of his office it would be taken care of and then when It came down to it they did nothing. But getting a person's email and sending lots of messages may do the trick

Plus reception is nowhere near as good as O2

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    Posted: Jul 7, 2010 By: Mpg Member since: Aug 18, 2009
  7. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,060 1,543
    Thanks for your comments and advice.

I was with Orange before and only moved to 02 because I wanted to have iPhones.

I am definitely going to be moving back to Orange, when our contract expires - I know I will get a better customer service all around.

And yes Zeal I contacted O2's CE last week and still no response.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
    Posted: Jul 8, 2010 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  8. My Owl 1

My Owl 1 UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

935 91
    I moved away from Vodaphone to you know who!!! I havent had any problems at all. With Vodaphone it was a nightmare just upgrading never mind asking them to replace a broken phone. Smaller companies especially those that are totally UK based, do by the very nature of keeping up with their bigger peers do deliver on custmer services and after all that is the name of the game happy smiley customers.

Best wishes

Avril:)

Posted: Jul 8, 2010 By: My Owl 1 Member since: Nov 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.