If my website was a CV, would you consider employing me?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Drachsi, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    As an individual, it can be hard to market one's self to companies. There are many ways, tried and tested, but the Internet does provide many resources for promotion which can make success more likely. Would my website encourage you to make contact?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    Posted: Nov 25, 2011 By: Drachsi Member since: Jul 8, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. SBOnline

SBOnline Contributor

600 175
    As an individual I think it depends on the type of work you do. Many freelancers have websites of their own to chowcase their skills. People who work in areas such as Website design & development, SEO, Graphic Design and Logo development certainly benefit from having an online presence.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 By: SBOnline Member since: Apr 4, 2011
  3. 90DC

90DC Contributor

789 151
    I will forever encourage people to use quirky techniques to market themselves to companies to showcase their skills or desire to work for the company and I am of the opinion it could work in many sectors.

Marketing works well alongside advertising, and if you consider your CV an advert for businesses, then to have something else to market yourself could often work well for you.

As an example, I know somebody (Probably has more confidence than most) that was looking for work, went to his local Home Bargains store with his CV, which had an advert for shop floor staff (Shelf stackers) in the window. He found a display that was looking messy and proceeded to tidy it up, he spent 20 minutes doing so and even helped a customer find a product before being confronted by the manager, who asked him what he was doing. He told the manager he was testing to see whether he could do the job advertised in the window, handed over his CV, got invited for interview and got the job.

It may sound weird to most, but when people mope about, having been unemployed for X number of months, they really need to take a look in the mirror. He did this just over a year ago, he's now working full time and is the shop floor manager.

Posted: Nov 25, 2011 By: 90DC Member since: Jun 6, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.