I paid for certain items. Several other items added. Items supposedly stuck in Customs.

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by qtpies2001, Aug 27, 2020.

1. qtpies2001

qtpies2001 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I know now that I was scammed! I submitted an RFQ on Alibaba for a certain product. Afterwards, I received a message on WhatsApp saying they had the item I was looking for. After a long string of messages, I got them to provide an invoice. I knew better but I did what they asked by buying $250 in Amazon gift cards and sending them the number on the back of the cards. A day later, I get a message that my order was mispackaged and several other products were added to my shipment to the tune of $50,600. Yeah, right! This caused a supposed delay in Customs. They requested another $50 for insurance which I did not pay. Then they said the Ukraine Customs told them we have to pay $3,500 for the shipment to be released. I refused to pay. They said once I sold the items, I could keep 70% of the sales and send them the rest. By this time, I had had it with them. I'm out of $250. My pride is hurt so I want to go after them for conning me. But, on the other hand, I don't know if it's worth it.

They are listed at an address on Charles House Bridge Road Southall. All of the information that keeps coming up for that address is for a company with a similar name. I called the number listed on one of the sites but the call won't go through. Is there an entity I can bring this to their attention? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 By: qtpies2001 Member since: Aug 26, 2020
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,362 9,869
    Nobody will be interested. You are correct, you have been scammed. But it is entirely your own fault. The money has gone. Won’t ever see the goods.

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,443 2,970
    If your contract isn't with the company with similar name then nothing to do with them.

Not sure there is anyone who would be interested. You gave away some amazon gift cards.
    Which was nice of you but really as payment for goods????

Posted: Aug 27, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. iDigLocal

iDigLocal UKBF Regular Full Member

143 27
    wow!

I don't think businesses generally ask to be paid in gift vouchers but I may be wrong.

Maybe you could contact Amazon and see if there is anyway you can cancel them. I don't know anything about their vouchers but they might listen.

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 By: iDigLocal Member since: May 9, 2018
  5. Naheed Mir

Naheed Mir UKBF Contributor Free Member

62 5

Yes, you are right; you have been scammed. I think nothing will work for a refund.

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 By: Naheed Mir Member since: Aug 10, 2020
  6. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,781 866
    This is almost definitely a scam. Sadly, there is not really much you can do about it. But you have paid $250 for a learning experience, and next time you will be wiser.

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010