I need a catchy title for this press release

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by Pet Nanny, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Jeewhizz

Jeewhizz UKBF Newcomer Free Member

691 69
    I read that as

'Make sure parents are the only thing you find under the tree in the morning'

:eek:

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 By: Jeewhizz Member since: Aug 27, 2007
  2. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    Well done.

(and kudos to Gary for the winning title)

Steve

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  3. CmyC5

CmyC5 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

107 2
    Celebrate but Care as well for your Canine Companions...

I have a pet dog and a tiny tarzan parrot called Tuki. I take extra care on their welfare during festive periods with celebrations albeit firecrackers or amok running kids having a wild goose run around the premises...:eek:

Happy Thanksgiving to all in here today...I'm new myself & happy to contribute...:)

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 By: CmyC5 Member since: Nov 21, 2007
  4. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny UKBF Ace Full Member

1,237 89
    I feel a bit aggrieved now. I sent my press release to numerous newspapers, but apart from The guy at The Sun (who never got back to me), I heard nothing more. I know it happends.

However, in The People on Sunday, under the pet and people page, there was a few lines repeating verbatim some of my press release. Under that piece they put the name of a flipping pet food company!

Nina

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  5. CmyC5

CmyC5 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

107 2
    It is indeed a tragic and typical case like with so many businesses that leeches on other man's ideas and successes... and there is little one can do with such plagiarism, remember, the media is one big player at such themselves but they have solicitors to defend their unethical conduct unfortunately.
    Never mind, CHIN -up and focus on the pets' drive with the common message to all that you come across...one can do so much but just cannot rub it in...or the opposite will occur...one of those other man-made hurdles to live with...

Desmond.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 By: CmyC5 Member since: Nov 21, 2007
  6. Pet Nanny

1,237 89
    Umm, scum is what comes to mind lol

Nina

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  7. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    Frustrating I know... but keep on going. People rarely get their first release into the nationals, mainly because the journo's don't know the brand. Keep sending news items through to the same people and I guarantee you will get success.

It is a bit cheeky of the journo to use your copy without mentioning you and worth dropping them an email saying you saw the article, think you can help with anything future they are doing on a similar lines and wanted to give them your contact info. Don't mention the stealing of the copy thing, but it may guilt them into giving you a mention. :)

Hope this helps.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  8. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    What do you mean "under the piece"?

Did they attribute the story to the pet company or was the name brought up in some other way?

(e.g. sponsorship of a column)

It's a little unfair that they didn't give you any credit for the story - I know the feeling as a quip I made on a forum once turned up verbatim in a "quality Sunday" but, as I said before:

"Looking at the story, it would be really easy for reporters to run with it without including you."

As Andy said, try to use this to your advantage and maybe you can get included next time.

Steve

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  9. Pet Nanny

1,237 89
    Will do. It was a real small box though, and I have never even heard of the pet food company! I just thought it really odd!

Nina

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007