I decided on my next business

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by DancingWithPoodles, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancingWithPoodles

DancingWithPoodles Banned

1,357 252
    Ok guys you know that I have been looking for what product to sell and now i have decided... NUTS and CHOCOLATE

i will be creating a website and approaching tesco,asda, etc to see if they want to order some...

what type of nuts and chocolate shall i sell and where is the best place to get it.

i have been a very successful businessman before but had a break to enjoy some travelling...

my girlfriend will help me and will do the packaging.

also is there someone willing to do the website for 5 percent of future profits as my friend pulled out

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: DancingWithPoodles Member since: Nov 16, 2009
  2. MikeD08

MikeD08 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

686 171
    I'm guessing that you really haven't done much research.

Why nuts & chocolate? Waht do you know about nuts? What do you know about chocolate? Why do you thing it would be a success? What do you know about the market? How will you compete with the major players? What is your USP?

There are loads of different nuts, and loads of different chocolates (different beans, different roasts, growing conditions, area of plantation, processing techniques - all produce a different chocolate).

Don't take this the wrong way but I seriously recommend you think long and hard about entering this market.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: MikeD08 Member since: Jul 24, 2008
  3. Zeal

Zeal UKBF Newcomer Free Member

955 252
    Hi Poodle.

I did read your other thread....

It's nice to see you took SOME advice and decieded for your self what you want to sell.
    It takes a lot more then 4 days to research into what will make a viable business! (thats the time from you starting the other thread).

I don't mean to be nasty.... but come on!
    OK. you want to sell nuts and chocolate... the time of year is certainly best.
    However - you've clearly done no research into anything.. just "picked something out of the air".

People on here don't mind giving you help and advice. There's thousands of useful threads!
    BUT - I (nor most of them) will not do the research for you.. not tell you what products to sell and will not tell you how to run a business what will make money.

(If we knew, we wouldn't be on a forum tapping away at the keys... but sat in the sun with a cocktail!)

sorry.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Zeal Member since: Oct 3, 2009
  4. Faevilangel

Faevilangel Website Critic Full Member

7,564 2,404
    I won't talk about your business idea (make sure, with research that it's viable)

For a designer to do a website on comission, is like asking tesco to let you pay for your shopping once you have eaten it, digested it and liked it.

Some people may do the job for free / profits if they really need work, but to get a professional job, you need to think about paying for the job to be done.

if you want to make money from the business, and the website will be advertising your business, you will want it to be perfect, as it will be the branding of your business. Someone who is paid for the job will put more effort into a job, than someone who is offered a percentage of profits that may never come through.

Depending on the site specs, you could have site for less than £500 ;)

But before you get a site, do some serious research into the business, as you don't seem to know what you wanna do.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Faevilangel Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  5. Officebird

Officebird UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,391 607
    Good luck with that! If you actually managed to speak to someone that could make a decision nd did become a supplier you would be out of business in no time when they stick their 90 payment type clause in. Besides what nuts and chocolate are you going to sell as a reseller that they can't get cheaper direct from source?

This is a joke right? You are setting up a business selling nuts and chocolate and you ask this question?:eek: OK, you should sell pine nuts and Milky way bars:) You can buy them from Waitrose.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Officebird Member since: Mar 14, 2008
  6. Bri

Bri UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,045 599
    Laurence????No Cant be surely?????

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Bri Member since: Oct 9, 2008
  7. DancingWithPoodles

1,357 252
    no i will be importing them to get them cheaper to undercut the supermarkets... i studied with some people that were from abroad... so have some contacts.

i was thinking of getting around 10 000 leaflets and post them for christmas so people can buy. the price to post 10 000 and create them is gonna be around £500. but if i get the business of just 500 people I will make at least £1000 profit for 2-3 days work...

also can go up to 10% for the website

8. Bes

Bes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

262 33
    I am starting to get really disillusioned with this place..... How the **** can you have run anything like a successful business and be a successful businessman and overlook such basics? This is an utter joke!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Bes Member since: Apr 27, 2009
  9. ChrisAITY

ChrisAITY UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,248 171
    No disrespect, but this thread is beyond a joke. Its pathetic, its not even a business. I could imagine you at home, and a light comes on in your head.. :O I GOT THE MULTIMILLION POUND BUSINESS CHOCOLATE AND NUTS!

Cmon please Poodle, open up your mind abit more and start to wise up.

What business did you start up and manage before then?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: ChrisAITY Member since: Aug 10, 2009
  10. scribe

scribe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

659 171
    Asda,Tesco, Morrisons = No chance, sorry.Your not dealing with market stall traders.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: scribe Member since: Nov 21, 2008
  11. DancingWithPoodles

1,357 252
    I had 2 stores 1 in London and 1 in Manchester selling victorian furniture to rich clients. I have sold even to some mothers of famous people but would not mention any names. I sold the business 1 year ago for a very good sum of money but bought 2 houses and now cannot put much money into the new business...

12. MikeD08

MikeD08 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

686 171
    I recommend getting a copy of this book http://venezuelan-black.co.uk/ and see just how hard it is to crack in to the market.

Actually, everyone with a passion for chocolate should get this book, it's got some great recipes!

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: MikeD08 Member since: Jul 24, 2008
  13. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,345 4,328
    It's got laurence written all over it!!

:)

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  14. Willself

Willself UKBF Newcomer Free Member

743 54
    COME ON GUYS AND GALS!!:D HE HEHEHE!!

EVERYONE'S A FRUIT AND NUT CASE!!:D

I can organise your Business Trips!!:cool:..BRAZIL NUTS!!
    Where will you be flying from??

Will that be..CASH-U NUTS....OR ..CHOCU-LATE-VISA!!:eek:

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Willself Member since: Aug 26, 2009
  15. debbidoo

debbidoo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,803 572
    Nick... that's you isn't it? Why don't you just stick to selling adobes like a panda? :D

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: debbidoo Member since: Apr 10, 2008
  16. sysops

sysops UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,923 887
    Is this the kind of thing that's been sliding by while I've been away? Seriously??

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: sysops Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  17. Rapids

Rapids UKBF Newcomer Free Member

78 8
    I think you're all being harsh. The person is already halfway there, the nuts are sorted.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: Rapids Member since: Sep 19, 2009
  18. ChrisAITY

ChrisAITY UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,248 171
    Poodles, how old are you? It sounds to me that your very young-like, and making stuff up as you go along..
    To be honest, would any mature person be like "I KNOW MY NEXT BUSINESS - NUTS AND CHOCOLATE", no one would take you serious (which clearly has shown in this thread)

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: ChrisAITY Member since: Aug 10, 2009
  19. silvermusic

silvermusic UKBF Ace Free Member

2,162 586
    Quite possibly, there's been some damn stupid and clueless threads like this in the last few days.

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: silvermusic Member since: Nov 22, 2008
  20. vvaannmmaann

vvaannmmaann UKBF Legend Free Member

13,112 3,369
    If Poodles pulls this off,does it mean there's hope for my topless skip hire franchise?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 By: vvaannmmaann Member since: Nov 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.