I created a BT Tradespace listing, but is it worth it?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Drachsi, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    Started last week with Tradespace, is it worth spending time trying to get it all set-up. Seems that Google has no idea it exists.

Drachsi

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 By: Drachsi Member since: Jul 8, 2009
  2. crossdaz

crossdaz Guest

0 0
    No it's not worth the effort; all the links are 'no follow'.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 By: crossdaz Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  3. CarCare Direct

CarCare Direct UKBF Newcomer

54 5
    I have an account up and I think it is worth doing especially if you are a new business. Within 3 months my blogs had started appearing on google searches for certain key words.
    Downside is that it is not as robust as it should be. Lots of "oops" messages and sometimes loading content is a drag so I don't make it the first thing I update. Sales wise I can in honesty say that the effort to sales ration has been good and as I only have the free version it has to be seen as worthwhile.
    In addition it has been an excellent networking tool and have made some good contacts and friends from it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
    Posted: Aug 31, 2009 By: CarCare Direct Member since: Feb 10, 2009
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

15,826 6,855
    Slightly off topic here, but never post your key phrases on an open forum as it is an invite to others to compete ;)

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Eagle

Eagle Contributor

5,249 598
    It's far too complicated to be an effective business network. It's one of the worst examples of 'band-wagonism' I've ever seen.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 By: Eagle Member since: Oct 3, 2004
  6. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    Why is Tradespace so often down, I have an account but when visitors see it is not working they will blame me, what do you think?

Drachsi

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 By: Drachsi Member since: Jul 8, 2009
  7. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    5th October is the date for the launch of the new BT Tradespace website which promises to be great for SEO. You will also be able to use your Google Analytics account.

Drachsi

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 By: Drachsi Member since: Jul 8, 2009
  8. 4little1s

4little1s Contributor

1,610 92
    I just signed up and interested in the comments about it so far. A few other people I have spoken to seem to keep saying its great for networking and contacts but no so many sales made as a result of it.

Keeping my options open

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 By: 4little1s Member since: Aug 1, 2008
  9. TFGtv

TFGtv Contributor

613 130
    I set one up some time ago and was almost instantly deluged with spam and nuisance phone calls... MUCH of which was coming from BT! :mad:I wound up logging into it and 'scrambling' all the details so what was up there no longer linked to my company...

Yellow Pages rides again IMHO! :(

Posted: Dec 5, 2009 By: TFGtv Member since: Aug 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.