HTML Codes

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Ash Norman, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash Norman

Ash Norman UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 1
    Hi all,

If I needed to create a table that had a rating on say, 5 different options and then a a title and comment box, how would I go about turning it into HTML format. I'm trying to add it to my website but I have know idea how to even start. I've looked across google but can't find anything that fits what I need?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ash

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 By: Ash Norman Member since: Jun 11, 2013
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,486 9,927
    PHP is your friend.

Is this the sort of thing: http://testblog.co.uk/review/test1/

More stared options can be added.

Or you will have the manually create each review thing which is going to be a complete pain to manage

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Ash Norman

13 1
    Because I've designed it through an online web creation tool. Nothing fancy, It will only let me add HTML code into a box.

That looks good to me though. Next to the stars would be subheadings which they would mark out of 5.

It's going to be a fairly big website to be honest, I will prob end up having to get the professionals to do it :) Will see how I get on though.

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 By: Ash Norman Member since: Jun 11, 2013
  4. fisicx

33,486 9,927
    In which case your only option is to hand code each page. do you really want to do this?

Or spend a little cash to get wordpress installed on your own webspace. The demo was wordpress with a simple product review plugin. Both are free, all you pay for is the hosting and maybe some help setting it up.

Posted: Jul 11, 2013 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. fisicx

33,486 9,927
    Thinking again about your question. You can't do this in HTML.

For the visitor to do the ratings they need to fill in form. The inputs get saved to a database and. This needs server side scripting (PHP, ASP etc).

So it's a bit of a non starter. Invest in your own site. You won't regret it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Ash Norman

13 1
    Hmm... sounds like i'm going to be better of paying for it to be done.

Can I inbox you the sort of thing I am looking at and tell me if it is possible? And how much work would be involved?

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 By: Ash Norman Member since: Jun 11, 2013
  7. Swisaw

Swisaw UKBF Ace Full Member

1,843 149
    I think he can do it provided he knows everything about HTML especially about html forms. My quote form on my site bellow made up entirely on html.

www.2move.me.uk

Posted: Jul 12, 2013 By: Swisaw Member since: Sep 24, 2010
  8. fisicx

33,486 9,927
    Of course. But you can't use your existing online site builder thing. You will need your own site and hosting.

9. fisicx

33,486 9,927
    Won't work. If you then want to display the ratings on the website you need to extract them from somewhere (normally a database).

Your form is HTML I agree but the processing uses scripts and all sorts of server side stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.