How to track the ranking of your website?

Sam Khan

Free Member
Aug 1, 2019
Canada
There are many rank tracking tools available that can help you track your search rankings. It’s easy enough, you pick a tool, enter your keywords and choose the search engines and the tool will monitor your rankings regularly for those keywords.

SEMrush
AccuRanker
Ahrefs
SERPWatcher
Google Rank Checker
Google Analytics

Upvote 0
A pretty good place to start is making the best of the free tools provided by Google.

Make sure to link your Google Analytics (GA) account with your Google Search Console (GSC) account to get better data in your Google Analytics account.

You can then see in GA, for each keyword, not only the average position but also the number of clicks, impressions (the number of times your site appeared in google for the query) and the CTR (click through rate) for different date ranges.

The number of impressions is a really useful metric because it can show you where the greatest traffic potential might exist.

For example, if your site ranks on page 2 for a keyword and got 10,000 impressions, then that keyword might be more useful than one where you rank in the top 3 but had only 1,000 impressions.

You can also see in the Landing Pages Report in GA the average position for a page i.e. where it appeared on average for all keywords that triggered its appearance, together with the number of clicks and impressions.

Beyond that, it's all about hard work. Research, plan, implement, measure, test, rinse, repeat.

Upvote 0

stelajones

Free Member
Sep 3, 2020
Make sure you are on this Google PR Checker page - smallseotools , this is most likely where you are now. Step 2: Enter the URL of the page you want to check in the space provided. Step 3: Click the "Check Page Rank" button. The tool will return the results immediately.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Make sure you are on this Google PR Checker page - smallseotools , this is most likely where you are now. Step 2: Enter the URL of the page you want to check in the space provided. Step 3: Click the "Check Page Rank" button. The tool will return the results immediately.
Ha ha ha ha!

this is a joke post I hope.

Upvote 0

Arif Chowdhury

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
cliobra.com
Rules to Increase Rank in Search Engines
  • Build a well-designed website (WordPress should be good)
  • Schedule for Content Creation
  • Start creating high quality, unique, relevant & keyword rich contents
  • Connect with other relevant website & start guest posting
  • Open social media page & build community

Check the Performance
Everything you have done above can be checked by Google Analytics & other tools like it.
Check how many visitors you are getting especially from search engines & how long they are staying at your site. Also, check the bounce rate.

There are many things, I just said what you need most.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
@Arif Chowdhury
  • Build a well-designed website (WordPress should be good) - Why? Surely it depends on the requirements. In any case unless you know what you are doing Wordpress can hurt your ranking.
  • Schedule for Content Creation - Why? A well built site doesn't need this
  • Start creating high quality, unique, relevant & keyword rich contents - Google doesn't want this at all.
  • Connect with other relevant website & start guest posting - NO!!!!!!!!
  • Open social media page & build community - Will not help ranking
Google wants informative and interesting sites that add value. The site should be trustworthy and authoritative and provide the best answer to a search query.

Upvote 0

Arif Chowdhury

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
cliobra.com
Most of the case WordPress will do (it has broad option to satisfy almost any website requirement) & I said it should be good, not must be good

What Google want's? No one knows! Not even you or me. I just said, what I think is good & this is common knowledge what I have written there.

What wrong with Guest posting & connecting with relevant website?? Don't have a single clue why you said NOOOOOO

Social signal always help. Nothing is new here.

You said: The site should be trustworthy and authoritative

How can we become trustworthy & authoritative?? elaborate it.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
A poorly built website will fail many of Google core ranking signals. Configuring a Wordpress site needs skill and expertise.

Google has told people what they are looking for. They have published a number of guides

Google has said many time guest posting is not a good technique. Google is looking for citations and referrals (that have been saying this for years).

Social signals will not help ranking. Posting on FB or twitter will do nothing. There are ways to use SM to help ranking but it's not easy.

A site becomes trustworthy and authoritative by being the best. It means working hard at your content to provide the best answers to a search query. Getting citations and referrals will boost credibility.

It's all in the Google SEO guides.

PS: Google also likes content to be well written. It will look critically at spelling and grammar and ignore things like:
By doing Search engine optimization in your website. You help search engine to find your website content. And by doing so, your website will rank higher to get even more organic visitors.

Upvote 0

Arif Chowdhury

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
cliobra.com
Okay, so we do not need to look for link building & networking... saves almost 60% of my hard work.

Just by writing informative best content will do everything!! As you said: A site becomes trustworthy and authoritative by being the best. It means working hard at your content to provide the best answers to a search query. Getting citations and referrals will boost credibility.

So, how am i supposed to get citations and referrals?

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
So, how am i supposed to get citations and referrals?
Hard work! It can take years to build up a following. Especially so if you are just one of millions of blogs.

But...

If you have something people are searching for then you will get found and people will tell others about it.

Upvote 0

Arif Chowdhury

Free Member
Sep 11, 2020
cliobra.com
So we have to wait until people like our blog and start citation & referral our post? And you said, "something people are searching". Well, more than 4.4 million blog posts are publishing every day.

What people are searching is already exists in millions of blogs & websites. No information is lacking today. If you trying to build content that no one ever wrote, you are sadly mistaken.

What you said, it would work before 2005 but not today buddy. Writing what people are searching is only a small part of the game!

If you do not build a network with others & publish guest post on the relevant sites, then even after 100+ years no one will know about your website & Google already buried the domain.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
If you do not build a network with others & publish guest post on the relevant sites, then even after 100+ years no one will know about your website & Google already buried the domain.
I don't guest blog nor do I build a network and my ranking is excellent. The problem you have is you are just blogging about the same things everyone else is doing. So you can guest post and network all want, you still aren't going to rank for anything useful.

Upvote 0

Nick Walsh Studios

Free Member
Apr 12, 2020
Keywords everywhere will give you 100,000 credits for £10 use this to find low competition key phrases under 30 imho, search volume at least 50 per month imho.

Use those keywords in your pages and write 500+ word content that Google would love and viewers to your site will find useful and answer the question they put in google search box ( or Bing 400 million queries per year and gaining market share off Goole rapidly).

Google Analytics ( give you your visitor where , when, what, how type data) and Google Search Console (give you exactly the search terms your website visitors are typing into Google to find you) also errors you need to fix such as mobile fixes needed ( images overlapping, screen size too small..)

SEO Services has collapsed as companies can't afford to wait 3-6 months for high volume keywords
they would like to target to show their results in their niche Google page one rankings.

Furlough deadline is tonight.

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu