How to Submit Tax Return to HMRC / CT

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by InForIt, Oct 12, 2020.

1. InForIt

InForIt UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 1
    How can I submit my tax returns for a LTD co, I have stopped using an accountant as I closed my shop last October. I did manage to get my accounts done by an accountant from peopleperhour, but the accountant is now asking me for my HRMC login.
    Can I do this my self if he provides me the figures? Do I need the returns to be in a certain format?
    Any help much appreciated.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: InForIt Member since: Apr 23, 2019
  2. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

13,257 2,486
    Any accountant should be registered with HMRC as an agent and should use his/her own log in details.

I'd explain to the accountant that you don't wish to give him your log in details (which he really shouldn't be asking you for anyway) and ask why he cant use his own agent account to do this for you.

Dont forget the accounts will also probably need to be submitted to Companies House too.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  3. InForIt

InForIt UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 1
    Thank you for the reply, I just found that it is an accountant based in another Country, posing as in UK cos it says Your local time 9:46AM (LOCAL TIME FOR xxx TAXATION LTD: 1:46 PM)

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: InForIt Member since: Apr 23, 2019
  4. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

13,257 2,486
    Is the accountant qualified?

Just because they aren't in the UK isn't necessarily a concern.

I'd be much more concerned that they have asked for your HMRC log in details.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008
  5. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,506 1,193
    Typical of PPH ... full of charlatans.

The accounts are probably wrong too.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  6. Surinder Singh

Surinder Singh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 1
    You need a special format it is called CT600 which need to be submitted to HMRC. People per hour that what you can expect from them, it is better to pay a good accountant and get it sorted. Find a local accountant who is registered with accounting body.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 By: Surinder Singh Member since: Oct 13, 2020
  7. DontAsk

DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

1,548 231
    You can give them a delegate login. Set it up on the HMRC site. At least that's how mine works.

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  8. STK Finance Limited

STK Finance Limited UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 3
    Hi

It’s a little worrying that the ‘accountant’ asked for your log in?! Are you sure it’s an accountant at all and not a scammer? As someone else mentioned, a reputable accountant would have an agent login. The person you are dealing with should be registered with HMRC or some other body to be acting for you as your accountant under the money laundering regulations so something doesn’t seem right at all with this...

Also, are you sure they know what they are doing with UK tax? If I were you I would be extremely worried from many different angles...

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 By: STK Finance Limited Member since: Sep 25, 2020