How to start SEO with a new CBD wesite?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by AlasterCook, Dec 10, 2020.

1. AlasterCook

AlasterCook UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 1
    Guys,

Good evening to all! I hope everyone here is doing well so far. I've started working on SEO for a CBD website. Now I would like to rank it globally with some of the keywords. The website on-page is completely done. Now I need to focus on off-page. Can you please let me know what's strategy should I do in order to rank some of the keywords on Google top?

I highly appreciate your reply here. I will wait.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 By: AlasterCook Member since: Oct 23, 2020
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,367 10,201
    If you aren’t already ranking your on page isn’t finished. Does the site add value? Is it a better source of information and products than your competitors? Are you trustworthy? Have you got lots of reviews?

Forget global ranking, it’s not going to happen. The best you can hope for is ranking in your country.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. SEO Lady

SEO Lady SEO Freelance Consultant. Domain migration expert. Full Member - Verified Business

2,098 389
    You have chosen to work for a hyper competitive industry, I have CBD SEO experience and the guy was a penny pinching champagne taste and lemonade wallet client.

He simply refused to commit to a monthly SEO contract, wanted a one-off package for 1 month "To see how it goes"

CBD Google ranking I think fits in with Finance/Mortgages, Clothing & Apparrel and Food eCommerce stores.

Forgive my brutality @AlasterCook but you are wayyyy in over your head here. Sounds like the owner is hiring their web guy to somehow learn how to rank his CBD website and you don't even know how to link together Search Console and Google Analytics.

I know I've asked some daft questions on here in the last 10 years, but there is no way I would accept a job and then be told to learn about SEO on the job.

I have a very, very bad feeling here. If you wanted to hire someone to teach you SEO the fundamentals of on-page SEO would take many hours over weeks/months.

Get your boss to sign you up to Fresh Bananas SEO Training with @Tin

Posted: Dec 14, 2020 By: SEO Lady Member since: Aug 28, 2009
  4. James Laden

James Laden UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 1
    I would start with looking at Google Key work planner. This will help pick with long tailed keywords you should target. As the CBD industry is competitive picking the correct key words in your SEO strategy is supper important.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 By: James Laden Member since: Dec 30, 2020
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,367 10,201
    All wrong. The planner is an adwords tool and useless for long tail keywords.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. James Laden

James Laden UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 1
    I disagree it will allow you to see competitiveness of the keyword and if you scroll down will give you idea's of keywords. That's how I have used it anyway. Best of luck.

Posted: Dec 31, 2020 By: James Laden Member since: Dec 30, 2020
  7. InternetMarketingPlatinum

InternetMarketingPlatinum UKBF Ace Free Member

1,588 211
    There's a contradiction here. You say you've started working on SEO but your on page SEO is complete? This doesn't make sense. You don't just create a website then stop adding content!

Posted: Jan 1, 2021 By: InternetMarketingPlatinum Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  8. wayzgoose

wayzgoose UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

929 149
    It never is !

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 By: wayzgoose Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  9. Uke

Uke UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 9
    You’re looking to rank globally for CBD terms? I hope you’ve got a shedload of money to play with!

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 By: Uke Member since: Feb 5, 2021
  10. Thomas Schneider

Thomas Schneider UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 1
    Ranking up CBD websites is quite a task, tell you what. Be ready to sell a kidney of yours to get enough money for the campaign,

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 By: Thomas Schneider Member since: Mar 15, 2021
  11. Abby Philips

Abby Philips UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    At first, you should target your country. After that, you can go for global ranking.
    For global ranking, you have to pay much effort and money, to generate backlinks and SEO.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 By: Abby Philips Member since: Feb 18, 2021
  12. Ali-v-8

Ali-v-8 UKBF Legend Free Member

5,337 1,193
    Read The Art of War.... He who get there first has the upper hand. If you want to rank write unique blog content attached to your website and news articles. TBH only way you will achieve ranking is high direct traffic and search location.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 By: Ali-v-8 Member since: May 8, 2008
  13. Michael Beaumont

Michael Beaumont UKBF Contributor Free Member

63 5
    What keywords or phrases are you wanting to rank for?
    Best sticking to your region to start with rather than global.
    You can often get a week free for most SEO tools like MOZ to see where you stand.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 By: Michael Beaumont Member since: Sep 9, 2019