How to present my business to potential clients?

Discussion in 'International Business' started by BobbyIT, Sep 23, 2018.

1. BobbyIT

BobbyIT UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi everybody, and thank you for the time spent to read my post.
    I'm owner to a small transport company, with 2 vans and I have a permanent contract with a Italian company to transport them goods to UK, 2 runs every week in few location from UK: Maidstone, Birmingham, Manchester and Hull. Everything is okay, I'm happy with them, they are happy with me.
    Usually, for the return trip to Italy I use the online site to find loads, but that is a "hunting", sometimes lucky, sometimes not.
    Without friends and known people in UK and with a not amazing skill of English speak is very difficulty for me to find a regular client for the return run.
    I already have a list with potential clients but I'm afraid to contact them as due to the cultural difference I don't have idea how I must to present my offer to not looks like a desperate that coming at his gates.
    So, please help me to make an idea how I must to present my business (preferably via email for first time as I save a lot of time and mileage) to the potential clients.

P.S.: Please excuse me for the eventually "wrong expression" but the English is not my native langue.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 By: BobbyIT Member since: Sep 23, 2018
  2. xoxoseo

xoxoseo UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 1
    Hi, I usually try to reach a manager or a person who is a charge of the issue I need, and then I send a presentation or portfolio. I think you should not be afraid of any so called "cold calling". Practice makes perfect

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 By: xoxoseo Member since: Apr 2, 2018
  3. parkingandsecurity

parkingandsecurity UKBF Contributor Full Member

89 10
    Haulage Exchange, Returnloads, anyvan, so many options - they are all hunt-em out and bid type sites BUT this is where the money is made.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 By: parkingandsecurity Member since: Sep 7, 2018
  4. BobbyIT

3 0
    thank you for your reply but I try Any**v, Shi**y end few more but I considering that a waste of time. The response rate is low of 5%, so you put 100 bid or question about delivery and only 5% come back to his listing, from that 5% is starting the competition to best price, is exactly that I say before, "sometime lucky..." . to put that 100 quotes must to spend lot of time online and the earning not justify all that time. More, many time I do not understand how another transporters can lower the price to ridiculous!

5. BobbyIT

3 0
    Thank you for your reply!
    As per Wikipedia: Cold calling is generally referred to as an over-the-phone process.
    Is exactly what I try to avoid as many time is hard for me to have a conversation over the phone due to different English dialects, much hard to understand versus a face to face conversation.
    My idea is to send an email with a summary description of my offer to , let say to 10 companies and to contact after the people that show interested by my offer, to fix a meeting and to present my full offer then.
    I wonder if this is a good practice in UK or is considered as a spam email? Also if is okay this how should look that " summary offer"?

6. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Contributor Free Member

59 10
    Try contacting as many UK Freight Forwarders (www.bifa.org) as you can and offer your services to them. FF is traditionally a non asset based business with even the larger FF outsourcing their transport. Drill down further and try to find those FF's who have regular business to/from Italy

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  7. DmitryAleksandrov

DmitryAleksandrov UKBF Newcomer Full Member

8 0
    Try to understand customer’s needs. That’s the key to cultural references that you need to make productive offer. Also you can try to order or create newsletters of your business - so you don’t have to tell lots of words.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 By: DmitryAleksandrov Member since: Apr 10, 2016