how to pay tax for employee that work two jobs?

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by tomeczek, Oct 13, 2018.

  1. tomeczek

    tomeczek UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    1 0
    how to pay tax for employee that work two jobs?

    if you want to hire an employee who brings you the P45 but he works 2 jobs (2 days in one job and 2 days in a different job). how to deal with it and what code, if he takes that P45 to two employers? he might not enough or i might pay too much tax for him?

    any advice would be helpful.
    Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: tomeczek Member since: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Newchodge

    Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

    11,052 2,825
    The employer should keep the P45 so it should not be possible to give the same dosument to two different employers.

    Each employer deals with their own situation, running payroll and lodging RTI related only to the job their employee does. If the tax code is wrong HMRC will pick it up within a couple of months and issue a new tax code to the emplloyer.
    Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012