How To Market A Viral Competition

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by RoxaMan300, Feb 13, 2019.

1. RoxaMan300

RoxaMan300 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 2
    Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone knew ways to market viral competitions. So far I've posted it on all the major uk competition threads, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter and got over 80 entries over the past 11 days, but new entries are starting to dry up. Should I use ppc, or are there better (cheap) ways of going about it? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: RoxaMan300 Member since: Aug 10, 2018
  2. Calvin Crane

Calvin Crane UKBF Regular Full Member

207 31
    There are some specific tricks (I won't be sharing mine) but ultimately even I use PPC and I find it is pretty cheap considering what you get for the money. It's the way you use PPC that is important. I would give it a go.
    What is a competition thread exactly? Did you just mean you posted for free on those platforms?

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: Calvin Crane Member since: Jun 8, 2018
  3. RoxaMan300

RoxaMan300 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 2
    Thanks, and yes, I have just posted for free on various websites like Latest Deals, HUKD and The Prize Finder.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: RoxaMan300 Member since: Aug 10, 2018
  4. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,219 1,514
    You can never post a viral competition. You post a competition and then try to make it go viral.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  5. cmorales

cmorales UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 1
    If you want to viral your content, You should create a content to get the attention from users. When user's get their attention and share the content to their friends and other his friend of his friends continuously to share, that's HOW VIRAL works.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: cmorales Member since: Feb 14, 2019
  6. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,375 583
    You haven't mentioned Facebook? If you have a Facebook page post it on that and get friends/ family to share the competition. Alex

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  7. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,735 711
    I use Gleam, which once you have seeded the competition to a few locations (social media, MSE etc.) it takes care of itself.

I'd also suggest looping round where you've promoted it again a couple of days before the competition expires.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  8. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,853 286
    There are whole communities of people dedicated to finding and sharing competitions. If you are getting low take-up maybe you are making it too difficult to enter, too hard to share or the prize is just not worth the effort.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  9. stickerprintingco

stickerprintingco UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Decide if you really need a contest. ...
    Take your time and set some goals. ...
    Design the right kind of contest. ...
    Familiarize yourself with the policies and guidelines of whichever social networks you're using. ...
    Choose a third-party app to run the contest.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 By: stickerprintingco Member since: Feb 25, 2019
  10. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,012 1,533
    What are people going to win? how do they enter? who is your target audience?

What creative ideas and content have you developed to help the competition go viral?

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009