How to find someone for listing translation

Discussion in 'Websites & Ecommerce' started by danny156, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    We know there are a few companies out there that can do this but we aren't at that stage yet, just want some listings translated basically for us to test and see how we go and if we think Germany is a market for us

So does anyone have any experience in how to find someone a student maybe who can do listing translations ... or someone they have used who they can recommend for English to German translation ??

Any help - advice or tips for what to look for in a translator would be appriciated

Cheers

Danny

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  2. alwaysinamess

alwaysinamess UKBF Regular Free Member

354 56
    Well done, what I did when I needed it was when we sold a item to a foreign customer, I asked them if they wanted it for free if they could translate our page down to basics, at the time we only had a limited amount of pages that needed doing and it worked well for us, handy if you sell on ebay and you can get a friendship from it too.

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 By: alwaysinamess Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  3. danny156

danny156 UKBF Regular Free Member

140 5
    That is what we need to do - we dont want to be spending a lot if the German marketplace is no good for our goods - however if it works we will happily spend the money

Mister B how did you end up finding a student - or someone reputable - that is what we are struggling with ?

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 By: danny156 Member since: Jan 11, 2011
  4. SetupaCompany

SetupaCompany UKBF Newcomer Free Member

305 56
    My partner is Austrian (therefore speaks German as her native language) and fluent in English (she speaks it better than I does lol) and she does English to German translations on the side.

If you are interested drop me a message with an example of what you would need translating and Ill let you know if she can do it and what the fee would be.

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 By: SetupaCompany Member since: Sep 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.