How to find a website designer / developer?

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Faevilangel, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hassel67

hassel67 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

310 22
    I agree to you that posting jobs and classifieds is finest way to find out the website developer or designer.

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 By: hassel67 Member since: Mar 29, 2013
  2. dxlwebs

dxlwebs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    the benefit of finding a web designer / developer in one is that we know the sites we build inside and out it allows us to build sites specifically for you, it also means that we don't use free scripts like Joomla which can be very confusing if you wish to use them your self, I always build systems with back ends that the owner of the site can use, why should i charge you to add a page to the site when you could do it your self? you say what features you want and i build it then you can do what you want/need to, with out being scared off by all the functions that Joomla, Druple and WordPress have, it also means that you get it SEO'ed for your niche in the internet and not just a general factor, meaning more clicks more search results.

i found a lot of web designers charge the same amount of money to design a site but do very little work, good for them bad for you, when possible you should always use a design/developer better end results but make sure he really can design.

Posted: Aug 9, 2013 By: dxlwebs Member since: Aug 9, 2013
  3. PDC

PDC UKBF Regular Free Member

169 23
    We had some bad experiences in the early days with adverts on those bid type websites.

We found going on personal recommendation, plus looking at the companies work and portfolio, to be more more successful.

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 By: PDC Member since: Aug 11, 2008
  4. hassel67

hassel67 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

310 22
    Yeah i agree to you that biding is not so helpful for advertisement your recommendation is good. I would one thing that client reviews and feedback is important.

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 By: hassel67 Member since: Mar 29, 2013
  5. jbazely

jbazely UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    Theres some really useful information in this thread. Having had 2 websites completed for my company in the last 5 years there is a massive difference in the quality when you have a good company. Definitely agree on the web developer vs web designer points, they are 2 completely different skill sets and few people have both.

I would strongly recommend that anyone looking to get a new website pays a little extra for an in-built content management system (CMS), we have WordPress. My old website didnt have one so it was a case of loading fillzilla and directly changing the html code or using something lke Dreamweaver, which is not easy if you use it infrequently (in my opinion). The other option is that you go back to the company that originally designed it for you and pay their fees for what can sometimes be basic text changes or re-formatting.

I used a couple of guys local to us and they did a really good job (Splendid Apple) and were really good at explaining what everything cost etc and provided a 'menu' before work began so we could choose what we wanted, and discuss why we would need more etc.

Posted: Aug 15, 2013 By: jbazely Member since: Aug 14, 2013
  6. bizPageDirectory

bizPageDirectory UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 1
    Hello Member,
    There are plenty of options to find a website designer / developer which are mentioned below.

1. Placement Consultants
    2. Local web directories
    3. Advertise in newspaper especially in job column.
    4. The company can upload in online jobs websites so that if any candidate is interested he or she can contact human resource department.
    5. Evaluate the Needs of Your Online Business Presence
    6. Prefer face book , DS, SBM , you tube , orkut, E -mails etc.
    7. Ask your friend if he is in same sector.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 By: bizPageDirectory Member since: Aug 27, 2013
  7. derick32

derick32 UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 0
    Great ideas, Mate. Thanks for the share. In my opinion the best way to find web designer/developer for the job is to post a detailed (a much as possible) description of the person you are looking. It also helps you assure that the person you're going to hire has the skills and expertise for the job.

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 By: derick32 Member since: Jul 17, 2013
  8. makeusvisible

makeusvisible UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,106 251
    Posted: Sep 4, 2013 By: makeusvisible Member since: Jan 23, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  9. da-technic

da-technic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    I can be a middleman in creation of websites, I can find people who will do sites - cheap,fast, and quality, I Responsible for the work and control the whole process! email me and I'll help you!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    Posted: Sep 14, 2013 By: da-technic Member since: Sep 14, 2013
  10. joeptsearle

joeptsearle UKBF Regular Full Member

130 18
    Amen to that!
    I had so many problems with this and ended up paying out the rear end for poor service (no regular contact and slow progress) and a pretty hefty price to pay for something that really, if I hadn't been lazy could have done myself in a couple of days!

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 By: joeptsearle Member since: Aug 9, 2013
  11. Robertfowler29

Robertfowler29 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    You have missed one important thing for a web designer. It's the creativity through which a website can get a special attention. A web designer should have some creativity in mind. With new design styles and layouts, a website can easily get the attention of people. It can also help in the increase of traffic for a website.

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 By: Robertfowler29 Member since: Sep 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.