How to export without producer's info

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Biohyt, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Biohyt

Biohyt UKBF Contributor Free Member

61 0
    Hello everyone

Think of a scenario where I buy fruits to export them. However, I buy the products from a seller/trader (he is not a producer). In this case, if its compulsory for me to write the producer info on the packages to export the fruits to spain lets say, can you give me any advice about what shall I do ? Do I have to learn the producer's name from the seller, or is there any other way for me to export the items?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 By: Biohyt Member since: Apr 25, 2018
  2. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,565 1,992
    It is the country of origin that is important

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  3. Trevor Andrews

Trevor Andrews UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 6
    Yes as Jeremy has indicated they want to know the country of origin. My instructions from DHL on shipping to U.K. says HS code. Not sure what that is but Jeremy will probably let us both know.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: Trevor Andrews Member since: Feb 9, 2021
  4. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,565 1,992
    HS codes are the codes to identify a product type

Ie if your were shipping cotton shirts you would have to apply the code for cotton

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Biohyt

Biohyt UKBF Contributor Free Member

61 0
    @JEREMY HAWKE @Trevor Andrews

Thank you for the replies. I am informed that I have to write the producer on the label of the products. Otherwise, for the delivery firm, it doesnt matter.
    From your personal experience, what would you suggest me to do? Shall I talk with the person who sold me the items, to ask about the producer ? I am just struggling about the labelling requirements of the buyer/country...

Thank you for your time, and answers.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: Biohyt Member since: Apr 25, 2018
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,231 3,345
    If it turns out you fail to provide the right information, can your produce afford the delay until you provide the correct information and the investigating people get back to look at your produce again?

Try and get the information. Maybe its not going to be used, maybe you could get away a time or two not supplying it - but is there a risk to your goods?

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017