How to do accounts?

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Discountbannerprinting.co.uk, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Discountbannerprinting.co.uk

Discountbannerprinting.co.uk UKBF Regular Full Member

176 9
    I have my wife currently doing the account's on sage, using sage payments and updating an internal MIS system so I can keep an eye week to week etc - she works with the chartered accountants we use who checks her work quarterly which has got very good over the years and they do the wages for us that get sent to them via our clocking in system and come straight out of our bank

My issue is she was never suppose to do this more than a day a week and now its turned into a 2/3 day job, we have looked at employing someone but my worry is if there away or sick / leave and my wife gets out of touch with it then payments still need to be made?

What do you guys suggest as its really a big trusted job as well?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 By: Discountbannerprinting.co.uk Member since: Feb 27, 2010
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,380 1,761
    Can you not use a book keeping company, one that has more than one employee? Many accounting firms provide book keeping services?

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

4,374 1,381
    It would depend on your turn over / profits . If your only turning over 25K then it would make sense to do the books yourself
    If it is over 100K then you seriously need to get some help in .

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  4. MyAccountantOnline

MyAccountantOnline UKBF Legend Full Member

12,944 2,407
    Why not look at a job share with your wife and a bookkeeper?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 By: MyAccountantOnline Member since: Sep 24, 2008