how sellers connects my amazon store to ebay?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by apricot, Mar 4, 2019.

1. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

319 25
    Hi,

I sell only on Amazon as a marketplace and since we started FBA, I noticed hundreds of some guys selling my items on eBay without our permission. We don't do wholesale, we are the only one makes and sells our products. If I understand correctly their business, they order from me or Amazon prime if they get a sale then shipped to their customers. They use my pictures and my texts exactly on their listings. I did complain at first but then 1- it is impossible to stop them as they are so many of these listings and sellers 2- I didn't see much harm as long as they don't rebrand my products so I stopped complaining.

However, I am trying to understand two logics behind their businesses...sorry, scam!

1- Items I sell for £5, they sell £5.50-£6.I am trying to think of the profit they make but when I calculate delivery and taxes, it's almost none. Does anyone know how do they make money from this?

2- I recently changed the image of my products and immediately, their listings were updated with my images. It looked to me very automated, not manually updated. Almost, my Amazon store is linked to their eBay store and any changes I make on my listing, update their listings too. Is there such a thing? Can they just linked to my listing and grab everything they want?

Not sure how many of you here would experience this but I appreciate if you share your comments.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

12,557 1,342
    Possibly their delivery and taxes are different than yours.

Decent dropshipping process is usually highly automated - margins can be a lot lower on dropship than on normal retail. The effort is usually a lot less too.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. The Ecom Guy

The Ecom Guy UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 7
    Yes, very likely majority of these are automated. There are so many automation tools around and these could even link in with ecommerce platforms as well.
    i.e take Shopify for example, the current trend seems to be using a 3rd party plugin called Oberlo which pulls content from wholesale websites and lists on your site directly, from there is feeds up to marketplaces and has options like a 15 minute crawl delay whereby after X minutes it will go and check for original product changes like images / descriptions.

Only thing i could advise is decide if your business / brand would be better off with / without these additional sales from 3rd parties.

If you want them gone and it is from Ebay, then you can get Ebay to do the grunt of the work as there is reporting for selling goods without permission. - they should then be able to go off and fine them all.

They do this with hundreds of items every day.

You could also do the extreme way of identifying people who are ordering from you which looks like they are selling your products on wards and look to ban them from ordering via Amazon. (there is a way to do this but might have to go to Amazon for how)

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: The Ecom Guy Member since: Mar 3, 2019
  4. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,105 3,152
    1. Watermark your images with the brand name and do so in a way that cannot be removed.

2. Have your own website with shop and with the brand name as the dot-com. Make sure that the brand name is all over your Amazon and eBay listings so that when someone Googles your brand, they can find you easily.

3. Structure your prices and P&P costs to make life as difficult as possible for resellers.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  5. The Ecom Guy

The Ecom Guy UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 7
    When it comes to Amazon - you are not allowed to watermark images sadly

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: The Ecom Guy Member since: Mar 3, 2019
  6. Mr D

12,557 1,342

1. Can suspend your amazon account or simply remove all your pictures.

2. Works on amazon if you have brand registry which requires your items to have branding on the item, not on a label.

3. What the heck for? They provide sales at the price you want. Cutting your own sales simply to do … what? Slightly inconvenience other sellers who will move on to better items?

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,105 3,152
    Doh! (I had eBay in mind and forgot that about Amazon.)

Quite agree - but OP seems to have a problem with them.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  8. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

319 25
    Thank you so much for the replies. It is more clear to me now.

I thought dropshipping requires some sort of deal between the company who provide the products and who wants to sell it. I haven't noticed it can easily be done! I am totally surprised.
    It did annoy me at first but now I am not too much concerned about it, they sell in the end and they do use my brand name.

The only thing that would annoy me here if their business is doing more revenue than mine while I go through all the hassle of create/import/stock/sale and all they do is sit on their desk.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  9. Mr D

12,557 1,342
    Using a dropshipping company requires and agreement and them doing some work for you.

Dropshipping from a seller can happen anyway with online retailers. Someone buys a product as a gift for someone else and doesn't want receipt included. Someone buys a product for their customer having already sold the item and doesn't want the receipt included.
    Those two customers order in exactly the same way and cannot tell them apart.

For the seller who is sending it then its a sale at the price they specified.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  10. DontAsk

DontAsk UKBF Ace Free Member

1,047 139
    As I understand the law in the EU, you can refuse to supply but, having supplied, you cannot stop resale. You would also need to be careful of the grounds on which you refuse to supply to avoid anti-competitive behaviour.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 By: DontAsk Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  11. Taobao agent

Taobao agent UKBF Contributor Full Member

67 0
    Hi
    Have you registered for your brand? It will protect your products and avoid others selling your products without your permission.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 By: Taobao agent Member since: Jul 23, 2018
  12. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,554 265
    Worry not and enjoy

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  13. Taobao agent

Taobao agent UKBF Contributor Full Member

67 0
    What do you mean?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 By: Taobao agent Member since: Jul 23, 2018