Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Adzooma

How Many Flyers for an Exhibition?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Afaia, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afaia

Afaia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

179 7
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this but maybe a marketing person can help me?

We're about to exhibit at a holiday show at the NEC. Last year there were 10,000 + visitors to the show which runs for three days.

I have had a flyer designed - 1/3 of A4 printed on both sides - for people to be given / pick up.

How many should I get printed? I don't want to run out but I also don't want to have to carry loads back on the plane.

Thanks

Melody

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 By: Afaia Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  2. Fink

Fink UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 2
    Hi
    We are exhibiting at The Spring Fair and I have just ordered 10k A6 folded to A7 leaflet and 2500k A5 leaflets. That gives me 2k small leaflets a day and 500 of the A5, fingers crossed that will be enough!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
    Posted: Jan 15, 2009 By: Fink Member since: Dec 23, 2008
  3. Calibre Designs

Calibre Designs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,868 351
    If the design is good with a catchy headline and able to fulfill a hungry audience who are out looking for what you have on offer then certainly plan for no less than 65% of attendants.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 By: Calibre Designs Member since: Sep 12, 2007
  4. Afaia

179 7
    I had thought about 2,500 to 3,000, thinking it would cover a quarter of the visitors, but it sounds like I should be planning on far more.

Anyone else got any advice?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: Afaia Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  5. faststaff

faststaff UKBF Newcomer Free Member

247 34
    Surely the price difference between 2500 and 5000 would be negligable. Even if you over order, would you not be able to utilise the extras elsewhere?

Rich

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: faststaff Member since: Nov 8, 2008
  6. Afaia

179 7
    I am not sure that we would be able to re-use them unless we do another exhibition in the UK. They are really targeted at British customers. If this one is a success, then that is a big possibility.

The price is not the major concern. I hate waste so I would want to keep any we didnt use, but that means we'd have to carry them back on the plane. We already have quite a lot to take with us as it is.

Anyway it looks as if I need to order far more than I anticipated. Thanks.

7. Simon-M

Simon-M UKBF Ace Full Member

2,826 642
    As someone who has exhibited at a national event I would say this is optomistic to say the least. The problem is with any exhibition that you are not the main attraction. People go for different things and no matter how important you think you are, you just arn't.

For 10,000 people coming through you will probably still have a stack left over from 3000. If yo ucan get your flyer into the any of the exhibition packs then it's a different matter.

Simon

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: Simon-M Member since: Nov 16, 2007
  8. neildigital

neildigital UKBF Ace Full Member

2,127 290
    Hi there,

Just to put my thoughts and available options, if you want to order 2k of mailers from me, if you start to run short on the first/second day. I can print another 1k and have them over to you within the 24 hours.

This will cost a little more in total, but means you will not have thousands left over.

Neil

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: neildigital Member since: Apr 30, 2007
  9. Afaia

179 7
    Interesting idea, Neil, thanks. Will think about it over the weekend.

We have divers in the flyer, by the way, and my husband was an RN diver for 30+ years, so do we qualify for your 10% discount?

Thanks for your input too, Simon. My thoughts were in line with yours. If 25% of the visitors at the show want one of our flyers I will be really pleased, so I may stick with the quantities I originally planned possibly with Neil's idea as a fallback.

10. neildigital

neildigital UKBF Ace Full Member

2,127 290
    Hi there,

Of course if you or your husband are qualified, we can give you the 10% off.

Neil

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: neildigital Member since: Apr 30, 2007
  11. Simon-M

2,826 642
    I was the divers Yeoman for a couple of years on board HMS Ark Royal :)

Simon

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: Simon-M Member since: Nov 16, 2007
  12. diver32

diver32 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

32 3
    I would agree and as a diver ;) I go to the dive show at the NEC around November although I didn't go last year as I went to the London dive show.

I have also been to holiday shows and I wouldn't pick up leaflets from anyone except those countries or resorts I had specifically gone there to see, I started going to the shows in 1995 and picked up loads of leaflets as they were just handed out, I took home a bag of stuff and binned most of it, now I just don't bother taking anything home.

I certainly wouldn't say half the people will pick up your leaflet.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: diver32 Member since: Jan 14, 2009
  13. roxxy

roxxy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 3
    I would take 5,000. You can always bring um back- but dont want to run out.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: roxxy Member since: Jan 17, 2009
  14. Afaia

179 7
    Heehee that makes it sound as if you had a helmet and pike and shield. It's something to do with flags though, isn't it?

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 By: Afaia Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  15. Simon-M

2,826 642
    More like the divers servant :) Looking after the equipment and making sure it is all in good order.

Simon

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 By: Simon-M Member since: Nov 16, 2007
  16. Eyes Wide Digital

Eyes Wide Digital UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    Hi,

I would of thought you should be looking at around 3000 fliers.

Have you got the exhibition graphics sorted out? We can deliver to the NEC if you require.

Ian

Eyes Wide Digital Ltd

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 By: Eyes Wide Digital Member since: Jan 20, 2009
  17. Afaia

179 7
    Thank you for all your replies.

I have decided to try 3000, which seems to be around the number that most people are suggesting. The leaflets are 1/3 A4 so that is a nice round number to be printed.

I can't imagine more than 30% of people at the show being interested in water activity holidays as it covers all types of holiday, so I think it will be enough. Hopefully I won't be burdened with too many in my luggage flying back here. I don't want to be charged excess baggage!

Will report on how it goes so that anyone finding this thread in the future gets some feedback.

Our graphics have been taken care of already but thank you for your interest, Ian.

Posted: Jan 21, 2009 By: Afaia Member since: Sep 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.