How long will these anti Covid measures be req ? There's a bit of a trend here.....

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Justin Smith, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Legend

6,136 1,823
    Justin thinks this is all over and we can go back to behaving as we did in 2019.

Most other people think he's wrong.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  2. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Legend

6,136 1,823
    Why not wait two weeks, so those other 4.5 million people are also safe?

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  3. Justin Smith

Justin Smith UKBF Legend

2,021 258
    That is impossible because the situation keeps changing, mainly because the government keep moving the goalposts....

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 By: Justin Smith Member since: Jun 6, 2012
  4. Justin Smith

Justin Smith UKBF Legend

2,021 258
    How safe do you want to be ?
    But having said that, yes, let's wait two weeks and then get back to normal, I could just about cope with that.

5. Justin Smith

Justin Smith UKBF Legend

2,021 258
    The only reason that we will not get back to normal is excessive risk aversion in no small part generated by the government constantly trying to scare everyone in order to "encourage compliance" with their suppression strategy.
    If we were still living in a rational world there is no reason whatsoever why we could not get back to how it was in 2019. I do not remember the world being changed forever as a result of the Spanish Flu, so why should it be so now (other than the fact we are no longer living in a rational world) ?

6. Justin Smith

Justin Smith UKBF Legend

2,021 258
    Not everyone is home schooling, I would bet massive amounts of money that the great majority those who are would never have wanted the schools to close, certainly this time.
    If you're made redundant you probably wouldn't be going on a foreign holiday..... What would you be thinking if you were being paid 80% of your salary but also were very concerned you might be made redundant when furlough stops ? I'll bet you wouldn't be quite so keen to get back to normal would you ?

7. simon field

simon field Verified Business ✔️

5,465 2,043
    There are one group of normally rational people who are now scared of their own shadow, are happy to take all kinds of risks in life but NOT THIS ONE OH PLEASE NO! They have lost the ability to evaluate probability and risk due to Boris & the Johncocks along with the bbc. I suspect many of them are being paid to sit at home & do Jack-all.

There’s another group of people who, having seen that it’s the older, people with underlying health problems (including, but not limited to, being a porker) who are by far the most at risk from what can be a nasty virus, who question why ordinary people keep being put under house arrest when the risks are minimal.

In conclusion, we know that the government have to be seen to be doing something, anything, to keep everyone safe from the bogeyman. We know they’re always a bit behind the curve but we will forgive them because in just a few weeks we’re going back to normal, so we can just have a nice cup of tea and not mention it again.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  8. Ray Newman

Ray Newman UKBF Regular

147 31
    This thread is now closed after multiple requests. It's become hard to follow the argument, TBH. If you still want to discuss this, I'd suggest starting new and specific threads on specific aspects/questions.

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 By: Ray Newman Member since: Dec 13, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.