How do your employees pay for things

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by LouJd, Jan 14, 2019.

1. LouJd

LouJd UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi, as the title says how do your employees pay for things they need to do their job. Do you withdraw cash for them or use a company credit card?

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 By: LouJd Member since: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

11,714 3,027
    Or supply them?

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. LouJd

LouJd UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    They do get supplied with materials and tools for the job and have fuel cards. It was for if they needed an extra part for a job or extra materials and the director isn't there to pay for it

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 By: LouJd Member since: Jan 14, 2019
  4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

11,714 3,027
    It will depend on the value and frequency, but it is safest to try to avoid an open credit card. As a start can you get accounts with the suppliers used? A cash float, which is reconciled against receipts every week, but that only really works for small, irregular amounts. A pre-paid card which you put money onto as needed is probably the safest option. I believe the Post Office does a reasonable one. Only an open credit card if all of those aren't suitable.

Whatever you use there must be, at least, weekly reconciliation. If it is frequent and a reaonably high amount, then daily reconciliation.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  5. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,327 3,233
    "Hey, I found this magic tool at Lidl and I thought it might be just what we need!"

Answer - tell X, give her the receipt and she will reimburse you.

"Hey, we need a new printer/paper/magic machine/aardvark!"

Answer - tell X and she'll make it all happen as if by magic.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  6. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,758 927
    Why not have an account with a supplier? They can then get the part and it gets put on your account.

I would want weekly (at least to start with) invoices / statements from the supplier to ensure the ordering is not excessive and / or unnecessary.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016