How do you get quality back links?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by messiah, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Nirala

Prince_Nirala UKBF Newcomer

27 4
    The best ways for creating backlinks to your sites are
    Content Marketing- You can share your content by Articles or Guest Posting on relevant websites. Do proper use anchor text, do not spam the content by using so many anchor text just for getting backlinks.
    You can also get the quality backlinks from the Social Bookmarking and Social Networking sites. Social Networking sites have higher page rank so you can get the quality backlinks from that websites.
    Blog Commenting is also the best to create backlinks but doesn't spam someone's blog just create the back-links. Try to post the valuable comments and also post the comment on the niche blog.

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  2. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    Social bookmarking and blog commenting are NOT recommended techniques for link building. These have been targeted by Google anti-spam detection years ago and remain risky / ineffective to this day.

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    But I think if you post the relevant comment on relevant site by using your name instead of the business name or company name or not using keywords in the name then it's fine.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  4. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    You are wrong

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dmitri Fantastic

Dmitri Fantastic UKBF Newcomer

41 4
    Common' guys, social bookmarking is indeed uber lame, but if you comment the right post at the time, a blog comment can be both a great source of traffic and a good link as well.
    It's bad when you run GSA and any other auto-commenter. :)

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: Dmitri Fantastic Member since: Jan 8, 2016
  6. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    It's one of the worst, highest risk, link building choices you can make, that died a death 3-5 years ago and hasn't been recommended since.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    99% of blog comments links are no follow. Of the remaining 1%, most of these are spammed to death. The few that have value are highly prized and heavily moderated. Which means the chances of your comment surviving are slim.

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Dmitri Fantastic

Dmitri Fantastic UKBF Newcomer

41 4
    @fisicx, you're absolutely right, no doubt about it! But since the topic was about "quality links" and the white hat way of the Force, we should not look into all the darkness out there :)

My point is that even no-follwed a blog comment can be a quality link and for the sake of truth I wanted to make you all admit it! :D I've seen blog comments bring traffic in, not to mention being at topical page/domain = win win. So it all comes down to common sense I guess.

Posted: May 15, 2017 By: Dmitri Fantastic Member since: Jan 8, 2016
  9. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    A nofollow blog comment is a referral marketing technique. It's designed to gain the attention of others so they leave the site and come over to your promoted property, usually because your insights are so entertaining or informative.

A dofollow blog comment is a link building technique. It's designed to manipulate search engine rankings by passing authority.

They seem similar but have nothing to do with one another. Admittedly, some dofollow sites can be for both purposes, but again, those days are long gone.

Instead.... It's extremely rare for sites to keep comments open, allow links and not nofollow them. It's rare for people to click those links, since so many malware distributors use blog comments and social media spam.

Spend your time building incredible content and guest posting (along with posting on your own site other unique content) instead of trying to find high PR blogs niche relevant blogs with dofollow linking, allowing comments, which have heavy use by people in the commenting of other posts.

10. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    The conclusion is Blog Commenting is not good at all nowadays. Am I right?

Posted: May 16, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  11. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    Inefficient. Risky.

I would only recommend it in extremely small doses if handled by a very experienced SEO practitioner.

A small business owner likely will not have sufficient tools and know-how to assess the risks vs the benefits, find the best opportunities and will therefore waste time and be exposed to significant risks.

Posted: May 16, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    It's great if you want to share your experience, ask a question, get help or say thank you. That's the whole reason for blog comments.

Posted: May 16, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  13. Prince_Nirala

27 4
    :)

Posted: May 16, 2017 By: Prince_Nirala Member since: May 15, 2017
  14. Cithy1937

Cithy1937 UKBF Newcomer

10 0
    There are many ways and sites where you can get backlinks but remember you should only create backlinks with quality sites and also your content should be unique to get traffic.

Posted: May 16, 2017 By: Cithy1937 Member since: Nov 8, 2016
  15. Amplus solutions

Amplus solutions UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Do off page optimization like
    social bookmarking,blog directory submissions,forum discussions,blog commenting and article submissions

Posted: May 22, 2017 By: Amplus solutions Member since: May 16, 2017
  16. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    Please do NOT do social bookmarking, blog directory submits, blog commenting, use article sites. Spend your time elsewhere and ignore this advice.

Posted: May 22, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  17. WoottonSEO

WoottonSEO UKBF Newcomer

18 5
    Sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagreee I can think of hundreds of sources where anyone can get highly quality (and most importantly relevant) backlinks without paying a penny. It's all about spotting opportunities. SEO is as much about strategy as it is about spending money.

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 By: WoottonSEO Member since: Jun 17, 2017
  18. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Legend

5,245 2,413
    Shouldn't we? Damn! But those all make such perfect red herrings for competitors analysing our IBLs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Legend

4,042 1,476
    Then why don't you share them, so those with less knowledge can benefit?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    No No No No!

Every single one of your suggestions is wrong

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.