How do I attract business to join my website

Discussion in 'Growing Your Startup' started by beckygolf, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beckygolf

beckygolf UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 0
    Now my question is this, I have recently set up a lead generation company for Tradesmen

I want them to join my website so I was wondering what the best way to attract them to sign up..

Which of the options is best:

1 - Offer 6 months/1year free trial to join and then sell leads at X price after the free trial period

2 - Offer free membership to join but they pay a commission on each job I refer to them.

Right now what matters to me is populating the site and getting them to join so I can prove to them I can supply them leads.

Also I want them to join ASAP and I believe creating a sense of urgency so they feel they dont miss out. Should I give them a deadline to join before a certain date?

I would appreciate any other options or strategies

Kind Regards

Becky

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 By: beckygolf Member since: Oct 7, 2009
  2. telemax

telemax UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,295 732
    Call them from the Yellow pages, a day per week on the phone should get you up to 20 or 30 free subscribers after about 3 months.

Once you've got it populated you can knock on doors or make phonecalls to get business in for them!

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 By: telemax Member since: Feb 14, 2006
  3. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,026 1,476
    I tend to prefer to pay it forward approach, so...

Develop some valuable content on the site, freely given away. Develop some additional content, available with a free membership.

Once they see and appreciate your insights, it's only a small hop to wanting your leads.

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  4. atladasmedia

atladasmedia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 8
    try twitter as well...follower wonk will help you search keywords from bio and speak directly with the people you are interested.

can you share/PM the link of your web site?

Posted: Apr 9, 2013 By: atladasmedia Member since: Nov 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.