How can you increase the traffic to your website?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by ConJack, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConJack

ConJack UKBF Newcomer

12 0
    I take as granted that many of you maintain a website and that you use your website to sell or market a product or service.
    I also have created several websites- I will not put here any links to them, but if you are interested I can pm you the links.

I also take as granted that most of you are faced with the problem of how to generate traffic to your website(s).

What I would like to ask if what ways or methods you are using so that you generate traffic.

I will appreciate your comments and or suggestions

Many thanks
    :) :) :)

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 By: ConJack Member since: Mar 17, 2007
  2. RahXephon

RahXephon UKBF Newcomer

20 0
    One payless way is write your article in many content websites it can make links to your pages.

Posted: Mar 22, 2007 By: RahXephon Member since: Mar 20, 2007
  3. Quentin

Quentin UKBF Newcomer

25 0
    There are two main ways. Search engine optimisation and pay per click.

SEO is a long term solution. You will need to choose the right keywords, optimise your pages for those keywords and then get links, links, links with the your keywords in the link text.

In the short and medium term pay per click can be a very cost effective way of getting traffic (this does depend on your market and how competitive it is). One of the main benefits is that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad which has been designed to appear for your choosen keywords. These will be people looking to buy your product now.

If you would like any more info about SEO or Pay Per Click please PM me. :)

Posted: Mar 23, 2007 By: Quentin Member since: Dec 20, 2006
  4. bizwiz

bizwiz UKBF Newcomer

7 0
    The best way is good SEO. Its free and can generate tons of traffic for you.

Posted: Mar 25, 2007 By: bizwiz Member since: Mar 24, 2007
  5. Aspect Investments

Aspect Investments Contributor

1,199 67
    Posted: Mar 25, 2007 By: Aspect Investments Member since: Nov 26, 2006
  6. indy

indy UKBF Newcomer

35 0
    Hi, it all comes down to your target market, SEO is very important but you could look at link and traffic exchanges. The draw back is that the traffic generated isn't very targeted.

Posted: Mar 25, 2007 By: indy Member since: Mar 19, 2007
  7. jannhartley

jannhartley UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Linkbaiting. If you create good content, you're sure to get readers to come to your site more often. But what good is your content if your website can't be seen by people who search on the engines like Google? That's when SEO comes in. I suppose the whole world knows that already.

Posted: Mar 26, 2007 By: jannhartley Member since: Mar 20, 2007
  8. Lorna

Lorna UKBF Newcomer

72 0
    Since beginning our 'internet journey' I have found good advice using webmaster forums. I have received some really good advice from the people who run and use them, and have had any problems or questions I have had answered promptly. One I would reccommend is forums.ukwebmasterworld.com who are really helpful and friendly.

Posted: Mar 26, 2007 By: Lorna Member since: Mar 24, 2007
  9. neelyrobert

neelyrobert UKBF Newcomer

17 0
    To generate traffic you need to do all of the above. The most important things are:

1. Get listed! You need to tell the search engines that you exist. Submit your site to DMOZ, and all the major search sites - Google, Yahoo, MSN, and some of the aggregators - ask jeeves, and the like.

2. Make your site search friendy. This is a subject in itself - study everything you can AND DO IT!

3. Get linked to. 1 way links are better than reciprocal links. Being linked to from high ranking sites is best (do searches with your keywords to find high rankers). Then volume from forums, articles, and other related sites.

4. Adwords work but are expensive. Good if your sales proposition is high return.

5. Be patient and persistent. You can get there, just don't give up!

Robert

Posted: Mar 26, 2007 By: neelyrobert Member since: Mar 24, 2007
  10. mattk

mattk Contributor

2,554 935
    Posted: Mar 28, 2007 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  11. Lorna

Lorna UKBF Newcomer

72 0
    Posted: Mar 29, 2007 By: Lorna Member since: Mar 24, 2007
  12. quantad

quantad UKBF Newcomer

13 0
    I have found the best solution for me is to begin implementing a good SEO strategy very early on and if necessary run a short PPC campaign until the search engines start ranking you in a good position. I also belive consistency is the key. So I try to get quality inbound links every week and create websites which are updated regularly so there is always fresh content. In most cases if the site is user-friendly and provides valuable content then getting good rankings follows suit.

Kirsty

Posted: Mar 30, 2007 By: quantad Member since: Mar 30, 2007
  13. BusinessIdeas

BusinessIdeas Contributor

2,944 243
    Yeh I tried ppc but it can get enormously expensive. Something nobody has seemed to mention is ebay. Its a good way of generating some traffic. Find yourself a low cost item and stick in a link to your site. Your not supposed to link in the auctions but every body does.

Posted: Mar 31, 2007 By: BusinessIdeas Member since: Aug 23, 2006
  14. Quentin

Quentin UKBF Newcomer

25 0
    Pay per click can be expensive so it is worth either getting a pro to do it or research how to do it properly.

I am giving away two eBooks by the legendary Internet Marketing guru Brad Callen on SEO and Pay per click. These books are packed with tips that we use on our clients accounts.

Pay per click and SEO ebooks.

Happy Internet Marketing :)

Quentin

Posted: Apr 3, 2007 By: Quentin Member since: Dec 20, 2006
  15. carps

carps Contributor

100 0
    Some decent advice (for once!)

Invest in content, content, CONTENT! Make your site's copy as good as you can - make it interesting, unique, targetted and compelling. Update it frequently. Keep adding and adding to it. The key to number rankings? Be the best website in the world for your chosen sphere of business!!

And yes - links! If your content is *really* good, then it will build links for you naturally over time, but otherwise look at things like online PR, linkbaiting on DIGG, commenting (usefully) on blogs and forums - even advertising on relevant third-party sites.

In the short term, PPC should be profitable as long as your business model is sound and you employ some decent professional help to make you get the most from your budget...

Posted: Apr 3, 2007 By: carps Member since: Feb 13, 2006
  16. Alex Bellinger

Alex Bellinger Contributor

249 1
    Content, content, content ... absolutely vital. As is regularly updating and developing new content. If you can make the time and have the passion for your business and writing, then a blog is a superb way of achieving this.

Google loves frequently updated quality content and in my experience this is the very best and most cost effective way of rising up the natural search results.

Posted: Apr 5, 2007 By: Alex Bellinger Member since: Dec 22, 2005
  17. Grace

Grace UKBF Newcomer

4 0
    Yahoo,Msn,Google...EBAY.

Posted: Apr 9, 2007 By: Grace Member since: Apr 3, 2007
  18. Melvin

Melvin UKBF Newcomer

19 0
    Out the box thinking is also important. For example, everyone submits to directories, which has now become a neccesity, rather than a way to stand out. The only way to stand out through listing on directories is to list on more directories than your competition, which is very time consuming.

You can link your sites to non-directories, such as the multiple pixel sites which are giving pixels away for free.

There is also my site (ClickEveryDay.co.uk), though not strictly a pixel site, more a free way to donate to charity, we're also giving advertising away. The site works using pay-per-click advertising, each click representing a charitable donation (charity chosen by the user) and an extra visitor being directed to the advertisers website.

To receive 1000 free clicks, sign up by going to ClickEveryDay.co.uk and clicking "Charitable Advertisers" and at the make payment stage (after submitting your link and logo) you must enter a promotional code. This is available by Private Messaging me. This promotion is not open to all sites, but most will be accepted.

Posted: Apr 9, 2007 By: Melvin Member since: Apr 5, 2007
  19. lyonssolutions

lyonssolutions UKBF Newcomer

41 0
    Best way to go about is I think good SEO. If your website can be listed in the first 2 pages then there is a good chance people will at least come and visit.

I am sure, everyone will agree with me that a website listed on the first few pages are the most viewed. I personally give up mostly after the 3rd page.

Pay per click is a option, but this costs money and may not be worth it if your bid is high (sometimes you will have to pay for £1 per click). It's a short term solution but you will have to be sure that the clicks are generating leads for your business as well.

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 By: lyonssolutions Member since: Apr 19, 2007
  20. carps

carps Contributor

100 0
    "Pay per click is a option, but this costs money and may not be worth it if your bid is high (sometimes you will have to pay for £1 per click)."

That kind of depends on the return you get. If you are transforming a good number of those clicks into £50 sales, then it doesn't really matter. PPC is excellent (*if* it's well run).

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: carps Member since: Feb 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.