How can i grow my sales of E-commerce website?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Fancy Panda, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,246 9,171
    Great, but no point in spending money on marketing until the site is fixed. Decent images, descriptions and restructuring would be a great start.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  2. Haindiary

Haindiary UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 0
    According to statistics, about 40% of purchases on the Internet occur through mobile versions of sites or mobile applications. In order not to lose this lion’s share of customers, it is necessary to get acquainted with such a thing as mobile marketing via best SMS marketing platform.

Today, mobile marketing has become a separate direction in international SMS marketing, where the main thing is a personalized approach and help to each client.

So, SMS advertising via mobile is one of promotion tools that are implemented with the help of mobile communication and mobile devices in contrast to classic or old-fashioned corporate marketing.

Advantages of mobile SMS marketing:

• the ability to gain access to more users than using ordinary Internet marketing;
    • relatively low cost per contact;
    • aim for selling;
    • personalization, etc.
    In order to succeed with a specific tool for promoting via mobile devices, you need to do such SMS marketing solutions:

• Identify the target audience of the product and company;
    • Determine what proportion of your target audience uses mobile communications, mobile applications, uses QR-codes and so on;
    • Determine the budget of the advertising campaign;
    • Launch your marketing SMS campaign through a chosen mobile platform.

Little information from blog, it`s interesting area

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 By: Haindiary Member since: Jan 14, 2019
  3. justleads

justleads UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 0
    There are 3 good indicators about your business, and 1 bad one.

Bad Indicator

Only one: your website and your marketing can be "improved". A lot! But even as it is now, I guess you are getting something, or not?

Good Indicators.

1) The fancy dresses is a reasonable niche market. Not an easy one, as the competition is high, and a lot of new-comers regularly trying to enter the market. Potential in profits is high, but most newcomers fail anyway (their expenses simply become unbearable). This is relatively good.

2) Marketing for this niche is not very sophisticated, many owners are trying to be "jack of all trades", hence any professional marketer can easily beat them. However, the depth of the niche is too shallow for any really good expert (in simple words, the really good experts look for a larger business, and you need to consider hiring an expert very carefully). If you are going to invest your budget in marketing the same way you built your web-site, I guess you will run out of funds before you learn how to do it. Overall, potentially positive indicator.

3) Your line of business is heavily using Adwords and other paid advertising. I remember helping somebody in similar business, I was amazed how many advertisers spent huge budgets on amateurish campaigns, but nevertheless stayed in business. Strange, but true. This is a very strong and positive indicator.

4) Your SEO will get any return after 6 months, or later. Without SEO, online paid advertising remain your main weapon. If (and it is a big if) you are ready to promote organic search, you improve your chances in the long run. Until then, paid online advertising, and off line promotion should keep you "alive". The SEO in your niche is relatively easy, but as elsewhere, even a single wrong move will ruin it. So potentially OK and vital for success.

5) You appear to be ready for improvement, and not giving up in-spite of all the criticism. Good! Provided you are ready to read carefully what the seasoned experts said here, and learn from this, you greatly improve your chances. From what I know, over 80% fail in in this niche. If you are ready to fight, learn fast, use experts where necessary, and constantly improve, you might enter the 20% of the winners.

Good luck, and carry on relentless.

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  4. Flankaaa

Flankaaa UKBF Contributor Free Member

36 2
    I have just had a look at your website and fully agree with all other members that you need to make some improvements on it. Make it more live, funny, interesting as you are selling party costumes. After website, focus on marketing improvements

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 By: Flankaaa Member since: Dec 23, 2018
  5. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    @justleads

The OP appears to be dropshipping. The site looks like a DB dump. And they aren't in the UK. I suspect any useful advice will be ignored. The fact they are still promoting Christmas outfits shows how little they care about their business.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. lesliedocherty

lesliedocherty UKBF Ace Free Member

2,212 303
    Alway amazed that come March/July the amount of sites that still have Xmas delivery and last return dates still advertised on their site.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 By: lesliedocherty Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  7. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    Often because it's a hands off business. It's a dropshipping set up with auto feeds from the wholesaler. The site owner want's to do as little as possible and why many fall by the wayside.

I remember looking at one site selling batteries for power tools and the address was a flat above a takeaway and returns had to be send to Hong Kong. They listed B&D products that had been recalled. I suspect they were knockoffs.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. justleads

27 0
    Simple idea: start with defining "How much can I spent on 1 enquiry and be happy?" This is a right start.
    I always tell my customers: "forget about the "total" budget, start with the optimal expense you wish to reach per desired action (telephone enquiry, online sale, or similar specific action)."

I know that if the customer quotes a reasonable expense per a single action, he will be willing to commit a lot of budget. Why risk the total budget, if you lose on ever single enquiry/order? But if it works on each single sales, put in all you can!

Doesn't it make sense?

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  9. dcart

dcart UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 3
    Build a community of users around your e-commerce. Fun Page on Facebook will help you.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: dcart Member since: Jan 21, 2019
  10. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    Have you looked at the site?

These are one off purchases. People won't want to look at a fun facebook page.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. dcart

dcart UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 3
    I saw the page. I don't understand why facebook shouldn't help, and adwords yes. A well-configured advertisement on facebook would win customers.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: dcart Member since: Jan 21, 2019
  12. JessicaBruce

JessicaBruce UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    • Plug the biggest gaps in your conversion funnel: Do you know where potential customers are dropping out on your website? If you use Google Analytics conversion tracking or a tool like KISSmetrics, you should be able to see a visual representation of where the leaks in your website’s conversion funnel are.
    • Offer the best affiliate program in your industry.
    • Go from mobile ready to mCommerce optimized.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: JessicaBruce Member since: Feb 14, 2019
  13. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    What exactly do you mean?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  14. justleads

27 0
    Iam a little worried that Fancy Panda lost interest in what we all are saying.... Maybe we should ask what Panda thinks about our ideas? E.g., I described 3 good and 1 bad sign in the project, and in other reply - several ways how to improve it.... should I understand that it was all wrong?

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  15. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    I've been in contact with Panda. They don't live in the UK. He just wants an easy win - not prepared to put in the necessary effort.

16. justleads

27 0
    If this is the case....

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: justleads Member since: Feb 3, 2019
  17. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    It took them until Feb to remove the Christmas promos. That tells you little they care about the site.

In fact I suspect the promos only went because the dropshipper updated the DB.

18. cmorales

cmorales UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 1
    I think you add more Company Profile because in my perspective it looks like "Not Legit". So you put more information in About Us page such as History, Mission, Vision etc.

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 By: cmorales Member since: Feb 14, 2019
  19. fisicx

31,246 9,171
    Closing this thread as the op hasn’t returned or taken up any of the suggestions

Posted: Feb 15, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.