How can i grow my sales of E-commerce website?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Fancy Panda, Jan 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fancy Panda

Fancy Panda UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Hey guys,
    i'm new here and i'm running an online shopping website that is fancypanda.co.uk, i want to know how can i grow my sales? I'm using google ads for paid campaigns and thinking about ebay and amazon
    kindly suggest some tricks and tips
    Regards
    Fancypanda

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: Fancy Panda Member since: Jan 28, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,590 8,983
    Are you getting lots of visitors but no sales? Do the adwords convert well?

What may help is fixing the website, it's pretty dire - not least because you are still pushing Christmas costumes. And on my phone I gave up waiting for the site to load.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. finleydesign

finleydesign UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

601 126
    Personally think the images look so amateur it would put me off you as a company, just doesn't look a lot of fun and slick

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: finleydesign Member since: Mar 15, 2012
  4. fisicx

30,590 8,983
    Finally got the site to load on my phone and I see 'Trending' but everything is sold out.

Yet another reason why you aren't getting any sales.

5. Blaby Loyal

Blaby Loyal UKBF Ace Full Member

1,016 193
    Spelling mistakes and a probable pricing error on the Home Page stood out for me.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: Blaby Loyal Member since: Jun 12, 2018
  6. WebshopMechanic

WebshopMechanic UKBF Regular Full Member

327 141
    Morning Fancy Panda,

Fancy Dress is a competitive industry but there are a ton of opportunities out there.

Paid Ads
    You need to be careful with Facebook and Adwords because the cost of acquisition could be quite high. This is obviously not a problem if people buy more from you in future but most people probably only buy for a special occasion.

If you run any ads here then my advice would be to go very niche. Don't promote 'fancy dress'. Go after specific characters that people want and are searching for. For example:
    • Jon Snow Fancy Dress - 320 monthly searches
    • Daenerys Targaryen Fancy Dress - 170 monthly searches
    • Freddy Krueger Fancy Dress -210 monthly searches
    • Lara Croft Fancy Dress - 880 monthly searches
    • Jack Sparrow Fancy Dress - 220 monthly searches
    • Captain America Fancy Dress - 320 monthly searches
    You get the picture. The demand is there! Go niche and optimise the crap out of your landing/product pages. (Sorry, your current pages have no useful content on them and are awful! They won't rank in Google.)

Next, Build some inbound links by providing articles and co-sponsorship with movie fanatic websites. Again, go niche. Go for horror, sci-fi- 80s, action, etc. They will be around. Look at Facebook groups too. Inbound links will boost your visitor traffic and rankings.

Amazon
    Yes, you should be on Amazon but you will have to create awesome descriptions, use custom lifestyle imagery (action, not just product on a white background), utilise paid ads and encourage customer reviews to achieve the first page and more eyeballs.

This is par for the course. Lots of leg-work up front but worth the effort in the long run.

Social Media Influencer Marketing
    There are some crazy people out there on social media and they are there to help you get the word out.

Find an influencer who has a stag do or hen party coming up. Offer to donate fancy dress outfits to 5 of their party and discounts to the rest. In return, get them to share a discount code with their followers. Rinse and repeat.

You could target influencers who have an interest in horror, sci-fi, superheroes or 80s action figures. Tap into their passion!

Affiliate Marketing
    This could work hand-in-hand with your social media marketing. Create an affiliate marketing program using one of the many affiliate apps. Don't go with an affiliate network - they are expensive.

Next, contact these niche websites and offer a commission base on any sales they send your way. Give them the code and offer to create the banners too.

Some site owners may want paying but the smaller 'hobby-based' blogs might be happy that they've found a way to monetise their interest. You can make a judgement call on whether you think they are worth paying.

Remember, they may have the perfect audience you want!

Cross-promotion Marketing
    There are a ton of stag and hen travel companies, party Facebook groups and other websites that offer advice, discount tickets and speech advice. Get in touch with them and offer to promote them to your customer database and vice versa.

There are plenty of small companies out there that are in your shoes and have never thought of this type of activity.

Email Marketing
    This is the one that is massively overlooked by most e-commerce stores. Yes, you've got a sign-up to a ...........newsletter. Why the hell does anyone want a newsletter????

The answer is - they don't. Give them a reason to sign up to hear from you. Make it special. Offer them a free party games guide or something that would relate to them.

My advice would be to ask for their interests at the time they enter their email address. That way, you can target them with email content based on what they actually want to hear about.

Next, create a set of emails to go out over the next 4 weeks that brings people into your brand and what you offer to people. I don't mean to sell them more products either. I mean to open their eyes to how much fun they could be having if they dress up on a regular basis. This is how you create your DESIRE, ACTION and LOYALTY! This is called your marketing funnel! (AIDA - Google it!)

Examples of emails include:

- Introduce your company and say thanks (you, show who is behind the business!)
    - Share some customer stories
    - Share some of your social content and ask them to join in
    - Highlight some of your best sellers as inspiration
    - Get them involved in your affiliate 'refer-a-friend' program

Generate Your Own Content (This could be game-changer!)
    About 7 years ago I bought a GoPro camera for snowboarding. I bought it because it was a cool product, made even better by the fact that they employed surfers, base jumpers, snowboarders and anyone who was in an extreme sport, to document the fun they were having using the product. The key was the experience it delivered, not the product.

You could use this same approach by sponsoring some stag dos, filming them and then sharing the footage across your social media channels. Not only would this set you apart from the rest but it would allow people to really see how your costumes could give a party, hen or stag do a real injection of fun. This type of content can also be very VIRAL!

I remember on my own stag do (shudder...) that I was dressed in Rocky Horror the first night and as a totally Green Plastic Toy Soldier, the next. A few of the others were dressed up too and we received so much attention because people thought it was hilarious. I actually filmed it all using my GoPro!

I think there is a real opportunity there but it relies on you to execute. It can be done and it doesn't have to cost the earth. One stag do per month could cost less than using paid ads and return far more.

Anyhow, I hope my two penn'orth helps.

Cheers

Matt

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: WebshopMechanic Member since: Apr 27, 2017
  7. d3lvedesign

d3lvedesign UKBF Contributor Free Member

43 6
    We're currently looking after a client who sells fancy dress costumes. We had a similar issue in that the website was poorly designed, was slow, and the mobile experience was pretty bad.

We've used AdWords, and e-newsletters through mailchimp to drive sales, and it has worked but the underlying factor is you'll be beaten on price by competitors like (party delights), and sellers on Amazon and eBay. So your AdWords campaign will need a large budget, really good ad-copy and clean landing pages.

We've also integrated eBay and Amazon as shopping channels which has seen sales increase.

For your website I would recommend the following:

• Better use of the large banner on the homepage. Put a promotion in this area.
    • Check your spelling.
    • Far too much text on some of your category pages. I know this is for SEO purposes, but you really don't need that much.
    • Look at cross-selling (people who bought this also bought..). This will help to increase your average sale order value.
    • You're using shopify which is great, look at some of the apps you can use to help increase sales. (Bundled products, buy x get y free, etc).
    • Remove or make less prominent, redundant products and categories. (Christmas, halloween etc).
    • Use discount codes, you need to make use of this as much as possible. Your competitors do it week in, week out.
    • Sign-up to your competitors e-newsletters, and keep an eye on when they send them out and when they do their promotions etc.
    There's so much more you can do, but these are just some of the things we've been doing for our client.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: d3lvedesign Member since: Aug 11, 2014
  8. Fancy Panda

10 0
    Thanks for your reply
    and yes i'm getting more clicks but very few sales :(

9. Fancy Panda

10 0
    thank you very much for your time and suggestions dear :)
    these are pretty helpful bundles of thanks :)

10. finleydesign

601 126
    I'm afraid that this does appear to have been approached on a built it and they will come mentality, as above way to many errors spelling mistakes and looks very unprofessional overall, needs a lot of work, sales don't just happen

11. davidlee21

davidlee21 UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 4
    If you aren't getting sales from google ads try changing the landing page. You can also sell your products on amazon. selling on amazon is easier since people trust amazon

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 By: davidlee21 Member since: Dec 27, 2018
  12. Fancy Panda

10 0
    i have spent 335£ and in return my sales was 1000£
    and one more thing i'm going to fix the errors of theme spellings by changing the website theme
    is it helpful for getting sales?

13. Fancy Panda

10 0
    an what you say about the ROI i mean how much it should be? 400% enough ?

14. finleydesign

601 126
    And what's your margins?

15. fisicx

30,590 8,983
    And that is because the website is awful.

Are you in the UK? I've looked at the address on your site and you aren't listed as an occupant of Welkin Mill.

16. Fancy Panda

10 0
    i want to
    make my ROI of 400%+ because right now i'm not getting my invested amount

17. Fancy Panda

10 0
    yeah i hear from so many others ! i'm gonna fix the issues :(

18. Fancy Panda

10 0
    yes i'm from stockport in UK

19. fisicx

30,590 8,983
    How much money have you got?

Shopify is the start of your problems - you really need a standalone site. £5000 would be a good starting figure. Then another £10K for marketing.

20. Fancy Panda

10 0
    i can spend more than £20k for marketing but i have to have results in return

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.