Home workers coming to the office

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by toastie, Feb 8, 2019.

1. toastie

toastie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Hi, if i have a home worker (defined in contract) how often can I reasonably require them to come to the office? if they don't have a suitable car, can i require them to use public transport.

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 By: toastie Member since: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

12,084 3,124
    Why do you need them to come to the office? How far away do they live? Are there reasonable public transport links between their home and the office? What does their contract say?

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. toastie

10 0
    I'm interested to see if a director can use this kind of unreasonable behaviour to dismiss someone. Having looked at this today, as the person has been employed for less than two years, it seems that the director could simply take the person through the termination of their employment contract anyway. I'm asking because i'm in deadlock with my (50/50) partner and I fear he will remove the employee in question.

4. Becky Young

Becky Young UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 1
    Why does he want the person removed? Why do you not? Can a compromise be reached?

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 By: Becky Young Member since: Feb 8, 2019
  5. toastie

10 0
    she’s excellent at her work and he’s lazy. He and i are 50/50 owners but have fallen out.

6. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana UKBF Contributor Free Member

84 27
    I once worked for a company where I telecommuted. We were asked to show up once a week for team meetings. And those meeting never lasted more than an hour.

That was reasonable because the team meetings were necessary. Our workload was also adjusted to take into consideration the time it took for us to commute to the office.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 By: Julia Sta Romana Member since: Apr 18, 2017