1. Nigel Greenwood

Nigel Greenwood UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I'm looking for advise. I am thinking of starting my first business. I was wondering how difficult or easy it would be to start a food trailer or burger van business up. What are the upsides and downsides. What regulations do you have to follow.

Regards

Nigel

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM By: Nigel Greenwood Member since: Jul 14, 2019
  2. YourCloudAccountant

YourCloudAccountant UKBF Contributor Full Member

68 4
    Hello, it's not hard at all. A couple of my clienys started and they said joining ncass was key as it had discounted door hygiene courses and guides on how to start up. https://www.ncass.org.uk/mobile-cat...pe/how-to-start-a-mobile-street-food-business

Most people start with a fold away stall to save costs but we just helped one of clients get a trailer which is wrapped with their logo and fitted with the equipment.

What food do you want to sell? And where will it be pitched?

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:23 PM By: YourCloudAccountant Member since: May 4, 2019
  3. Nigel Greenwood

Nigel Greenwood UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    This is the question as we are just at the thought process and research point at the moment. We are based in the Midlands though was thinking about a rum shack or burger bar

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 6:20 PM By: Nigel Greenwood Member since: Jul 14, 2019
  4. YourCloudAccountant

YourCloudAccountant UKBF Contributor Full Member

68 4
    I m based in london and there are some good ideas, like a duck truck based on hoisin crispy duck and chips.

Cheese wheel carbanara - Google it, its quite interesting

Carribean food is taking off.

The key is to have a different idea or spin to get people either paying more or coming back in droves.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM By: YourCloudAccountant Member since: May 4, 2019
  5. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,544 609
    Asian fusion does well in food trucks so perhaps look at a different type of fusion? Other than that Halloumi Fries seem very popular these days, and giant Yorkshire puddings!

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:39 AM By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009