Hi are there any members here who drop ship?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by mrka, Dec 4, 2020.

1. mrka

mrka UKBF Regular Free Member

157 5
    As you can see I am a long time member.
    I also have 10 years in business, running 3 physical clothing stores and one online B2B and B2C service.

I want to move into DS soon, done loads of research, but just have a few pressing questions I would like to ask people about.

I want to know - Actual drop shipping a small product and making your customer wait 3 weeks, receiving their package with Chinese labels and stamps all over it - this is not possible today is it.

Do most people just use a fulfilment centre in their market - which at this point it is not drop shipping is it?

I can't see how waiting 3 weeks for a space pen or dog collar is even possible in this day and age.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: mrka Member since: Jul 11, 2013
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,415 3,367

Go on eBay. Look for stuff coming from China.
    Now look for sales numbers.

People do buy stuff that will arrive next year.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. mrka

157 5
    Yes but are these sellers Westeners pretending to be chinese or what?

4. Mr D

27,415 3,367
    Does it matter? To the buyer is it an issue that the guy is named Wu and lives in Croydon or is named John and lives in Wang-Shi?
    Either way they are selling stuff that will take weeks to arrive and give you data on sales numbers.

You can then decide based on hard data whether people still buy.

Of course it won't tell you much about buyer complaints... try feedback for that. :)

5. mrka

157 5
    Well if there is a complaint it will come back to your own ebay feedback.

Are there strategies people use to drop ship on ebay? As in set up and act as factory in china or vice versa?

6. Mr D

27,415 3,367
    On ebay?
    List product. Sell.

Whether the item is purchased by seller after selling or before doesn't matter to customer.

Feedback - you can look at other people's feedback to get an idea of what problems customers encountered.

Be a strange factory that sold via ebay perhaps. Online retail is not usually how factories set up to sell. One item plus one item plus one item plus .... you get the picture.
    More a shop / warehouse kind of selling place.

Nothing to say a factory could not set up to do it. But would be a different packing and shipping setup.

7. mrka

157 5
    If I had an ebay account drop shipping from china... the customer would receive a box with chinese labels and stamps as well as an import charges bill yes? Or amazon, or even own website...