Help with weight based shipping

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by Tina N, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Tina N

Tina N UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I am using Opencart 2.3.02 and need some advise on how to set up my shipping rates. At the moment the rates are set in bands up to 30kg. Above that it is set to quote 99999€. We have done it this way because we can then offer a couple of different options but these are subject to availability so we do not want them constantly on site if suddenly the courier changes their prices (which here in France does happen) Is there a way rather than showing a price to have "Please contact us for a rate" appear as people are looking at the high price and assuming incorrectly that we do not ship items over 30kg. We do state this on the info page but unless it is under someone's nose they don't seem to read it. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 By: Tina N Member since: Aug 17, 2017
  2. webmto

webmto UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi @Tina N

Is this what you want?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Posted: Sep 13, 2017 By: webmto Member since: Aug 28, 2017
  3. Tina N

Yes that is exactly what I want.Thank you ! Will have a search on Opencart's site and see if I can find it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 By: Tina N Member since: Aug 17, 2017
  4. webmto

Nice!
    This is not an open cart feature, it requires changing / customisation (programming) in open cart code.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 By: webmto Member since: Aug 28, 2017
  5. Tina N

ah...ok.....can you point me in the direction of where I find what needs to be changed, please?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 By: Tina N Member since: Aug 17, 2017
  6. webmto

Of course, please PM, and don't forget to click the useful / thanks reply buttons :)

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 By: webmto Member since: Aug 28, 2017