Help with Outlook 365

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by OMGVape, Oct 11, 2020.

1. OMGVape

OMGVape UKBF Regular Free Member

483 62
    I am setting up three email addresses in a new Windows10 system. The first attempt (IMAP) worked ok be following instructions in my Krystal hosting account.
    When setting up the second address, I got the incoming mail port number wrong but outlook still added the address in the left column. Because I didn't spot my mistake, I tried a few times which failed until I realised my mistake. However I now have several copies of the same email address in the left column.

When I click 'file' then 'account settings' I have the option to delete the working address but the incorrect ones stay in the left hand column.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? If I could, I'd totally uninstall outlook and start again but I can't even do that.

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 By: OMGVape Member since: Jan 21, 2018
  2. Nico Albrecht

Nico Albrecht UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

842 173
    Easy one. Go to control panel look for mail icon open it and delete the profile for your outlook. Once done you get a fresh outlook prompt on the next start.

Delete an Outlook Mail Profile from Control Panel

Open Control Panel by clicking the Windows key and typing Control Panel

In Control Panel, change the "View by:" in the upper-right-hand corner to Small icons then click the Mail icon

Small Icons-Mail (+)

Click the Show Profiles button.

Show Profiles (+)

Highlight the profile to be deleted and click the Remove button

Remove Profile (+)

Click OK

Launch Outlook to recreate your profile

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 By: Nico Albrecht Member since: May 2, 2017
  3. OMGVape

OMGVape UKBF Regular Free Member

483 62
    Posted: Oct 11, 2020 By: OMGVape Member since: Jan 21, 2018