Guitar/Ukulele Workshops & Team Building In The Workplace

Discussion in 'London & South East' started by Charlie.T, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Charlie.T

Charlie.T UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 2
    Hello all,

I have just launched a new business who provide music lessons in the workplace. The aim is to reduce stress, encourage creativity and most of all, encourage employees to have fun in workplaces all over the UK.

We're currently finishing plans for our launch event on the 17th June and in the meantime, I'm looking to meet new people who may be interested in working together, sharing ideas or who just want to say hello!

Thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 By: Charlie.T Member since: Apr 19, 2017
  2. stender

stender UKBF Regular Free Member

445 55
    Like the idea. Where I work they do similar for language lessons. Only issue I see is that where I work space is at a premium and rooms are not sound proof. 20 eukulele's may be an issue.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 By: stender Member since: Jul 9, 2008
  3. Gecko001

Gecko001 UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,571 402
    I know a few semi-professional musicians and they are all proper little divas. It seems like a way of encouraging the opposite to teamwork to be honest.

However, it seems to be a bit of a craze at the minute with the choir programmes on TV, so you might get a few firms convinced of it being a good idea.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 By: Gecko001 Member since: Apr 21, 2011
  4. Charlie.T

4 2
    Thanks Guys,

We offer smaller groups, maybe just starting with groups of 3-4 as it's totally flexible, can be adapted to suit any office size/workforce. However, it's a good point and something worth considering.

Ha! We look to quash the diva mentality fairly early on! The teamwork element is really about showing that bands and workplaces share many of the same dynamics - you're only as good as your weakest member etc. Firms seem to be happy to invest in their employees wellbeing fairly substantially, albeit in a number of different ways. This is really an effort to try and move away from the traditional, paint-balling/corporate away days and provide something entirely different.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback - much appreciated. It's great to get another perspective on things, often ones of which are easily missed!

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 By: Charlie.T Member since: Apr 19, 2017
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,864 8,530
    Sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom but I can't think of anything worse than a bunch of amateurs plunking away at a ukelele for an hour each week in an open plan office. In any case, I'm left handed and have all the musical talent of a bucket of slugs. I know, I've tried.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. TheConsulter

TheConsulter UKBF Regular Free Member

169 22
    I think your idea of providing music lessons to businesses is good. The team building aspect is perfect. The only issue that I can see is that some businesses have a work space that is limited. How will you provide these businesses music lessons?

To get started you should market your business. There are several channels that you can use.

1. Send letters to businesses in the local area, where you state that you offer this service. You can add a discount to improve the chance of sales.

2. List your business on online directories where you add your business name, address and phone number. Don't forget to list your business on Google.

3. Create a professional website. This is your business's real façade. If people perceive your website as professional, they will think the same about your service.

4. Be visible on Social Media. Remember to upload content regularly, so your business doesn't seem to be dead to the public. Creative content can gain a lot of traffic, likes and discussions.

5. Get in touch with local journalists. They might run a story about your innovative business, which will increase the awareness of it. Media gets a lot of attention and this can be your chance to get a load of sales.

I wish you all luck.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 By: TheConsulter Member since: Jun 29, 2017
  7. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,566 255
    It has been a month since your original post, Charlie, would be interested to know how things have gone since then.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  8. Charlie.T

4 2
    Cheers Consulter! I am doing all of the above - we have a new promo video coming out very soon so I'll be using that to show businesses what we can do too. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 By: Charlie.T Member since: Apr 19, 2017
  9. TheConsulter

TheConsulter UKBF Regular Free Member

169 22
    @Charlie.T I have always liked your business idea. I will tell about your business to the businesses I know.

Best of luck!

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 By: TheConsulter Member since: Jun 29, 2017