Graphics help Needed

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by adeleuk, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adeleuk

adeleuk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Hi all
    I wonder if there is some kind soul out there who can help me?
    I have a graphic of my company logo see www.phoenix-life-coaching.co.uk to see the logo.
    The only format I have the logo in is .jpg its been with me a long time and I have lost contact with the original designer over the years.
    I asked a local printer to produce some letterheads for me and I wanted to use the logo naturally as part of the letter head. But they came back and said as it was a jpg it was unsiutable to use without converting the file. They said something like it would need to be printed as a 4 colour run if used in its present format, which would add unecessary expense.
    Can anyone tell me a suitable format for a printing company to use and how I can convert the jpg using Paint Shop Pro version 7.
    Failing that can anyone redo my logo for a song or at least very cheaply as I am setting my business up whilst unemployed and don't have much in the way of a budget.

Kind Regards

Adele

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 By: adeleuk Member since: Jul 23, 2004
  2. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    Web images and print images have very different requirements, and as you've discovered web images are just not good enough for print.

Have a chat with Jonathan at Juvanescence - click on the Logo ad at the top right of this page - he may be able to help you.

Gary

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  3. adeleuk

adeleuk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    Hi Gary
    Thanks for that advice I have just had a quick chat with Jonathan and he is going to have a look at the logo and come back with some suggestions.

Once again thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 By: adeleuk Member since: Jul 23, 2004
  4. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    No problem, hope you get sorted. :)

Gary

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.