Google My Business - Search Terms

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by DavidWH, Sep 16, 2020.

1. DavidWH

DavidWH UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,660 318
    I've received the monthly performance email from Google, regarding our business page.

We've stopped providing a walk in document printing/photocopying service, mainly because it simply doesn't pay, and it's not worth the aggro, and it rarely leads to more work, and it's a tiny part of what we do.

All references have been removed from our website, we don't promote it, yet for some reason

printing near me
    print documents near me
    document printing services near me

Are the most popular search terms we appear for. How do I go about changing it?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 By: DavidWH Member since: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Legend Full Member

5,166 2,335
    Solution: Have all those search terms lead to a page on your site telling people that Google is crap and they should use DuckDuckGo.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  3. DavidWH

DavidWH UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,660 318
    It's not so much the search terms in search results, but on the maps.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 By: DavidWH Member since: Feb 15, 2011
  4. Sanjay Patoliya

Sanjay Patoliya UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    Try to add your current services in Google my business profile. Also, there s an option to post your update, use that too.

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 By: Sanjay Patoliya Member since: Apr 2, 2020
  5. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

414 128
    You need to check out where they are being generated from; e.g. is this copy in your GMB listing, plus, Google has recently added huge numbers of categories, so if you rank OK locally and have these in your GMB setup then you'll show for them in maps/searches.

Log into your GMB and go to Services in the left hand menu, you may find other users or Google's AI has added these (if you don't manage this they get added after a period of time whether you want them or not). If they are in there you can remove them, you then need to keep an eye on this and setup alerts on the GMB email address for changes, so you can approve/deny them...

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018