Google Analytics alternatives

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Lucky8, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Lucky8

Lucky8 UKBF Regular Free Member

239 28
    Posted: Nov 6, 2020 By: Lucky8 Member since: Jan 17, 2019
  2. Lucky8

239 28
    Maybe, but then why do other tools show it? @Andy Harris, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I took a look at your tool after you replied in this thread, and it seems to be able to provide the company.

3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,659 9,977
    Google doea what Google does. Like @Andy Harris says, if you want that level of detail you usually have to pay for it.

Clicky provides network data but not on the free plan.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. Lucky8

239 28
    Yes, of course it does. Which is why I'm looking at alternatives.

But I'm being told here by a couple of you that seeing company information would get me into trouble with GDPR, but I can't see anything on GDPR which says so. So I'm again told GA has taken company information off because of GDPR, yet other tools show it. So they're breaking GDPR? I don't think so.

5. Andy Harris

Andy Harris UKBF Regular Full Member

135 32
    I want to clear something up here. GDPR relates to personal data. Although an IP address could be considered personal, it very rarely would identify an individual person. In cases where IP addresses identify a company name, then it is 100% fine to reach out to that company in general. If that wasn't the case then companies like us, Lead Forensics, and many others, would have been forced to shut down ages ago.

Most of our customers utilise our software (and that of others in our market) to identify the names of companies (where identifiable). With that information they decide whether to try to reach out to those companies (they don't know the individuals of course) because they know for sure that someone from that company is interested in what they have to offer. The fact that so many companies continue to pay for this type of service tells you that it works for them.

Having said all that, in reality, it's much more sensible to use website visitors analytics software to work out why the identifiable companies (and also those 'company people' - e.g. working from home) didn't make contact in the first place.

So, tracking companies visiting a website doesn't break GDPR rules (not identifying individuals). It should also be viewed as an extra tool in the toolbox that can sometimes be capitalised on, but the real answers lie in making websites as strong as they possibly can be (so that those company visitors proactively make contact in the first place).

Hope this helps in some way.

Andy

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: Andy Harris Member since: Oct 3, 2009
  6. Tirion

Tirion UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    I prefer to use tropare tools for b2b business.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Tirion Member since: Jul 30, 2019