Google Ads

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by TelesMedia, Mar 29, 2021.

1. TelesMedia

TelesMedia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

299 12
    Hi All,

Hope everyone enjoying the weather.

Do you need a my google business page WITH REVIEWS to be able to run google ads ?

I really do not want our company on google (right side of page) with reviews but i do want to be able to do adverts.

I hope someone can clarify?

Thanks

Anthony

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 By: TelesMedia Member since: Sep 2, 2009
  2. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck { Moderator }

10,638 2,144
    No, it's a completely different thing

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  3. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend { Moderator }

20,510 7,071
    As stated above Google ads are a separate entity to google my business, however if you are looking at Google guaranteed ads then that is tied to a listing.

In the UK however we are just running adwords.

One thing I'll say is be very careful how you use them as it is easy to burn money, and the normal (default) google advertising setup is less than useful as it will eat money and give little in return.

Look at getting a campaign set up for you or read a lot of information about the system.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  4. TelesMedia

299 12
    I understand - thank you.

I am having a nightmare getting google to remove our free listing - they did it and then when i logged in to look into google ads - they placed our business back on the right side of searches.

Now every time i try to take it off they have to send me a verify number in post. So frustrating.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 By: TelesMedia Member since: Sep 2, 2009
  5. Fagin2021

Fagin2021 UKBF Regular Full Member

108 39
    The only thing you might find is that if you include your own company name as a keyword in Google Ads (usually a good idea), then anyone searching on your company name might see both your advert and your GMB listing.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 By: Fagin2021 Member since: Jan 27, 2021
  6. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend { Moderator }

20,510 7,071
    You can't remove a listing from Google as they are automatically created from trusted sources. All yu do when you verify then remove is remove it from your business control panel, it will still show.

May I ask what the problem is with having a listing?

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  7. TelesMedia

299 12
    Well we get spurious reviews from 1 person who goes on and writes made up reviews. I dont want any reviews on there as we dont have time to send clients asking them to leave a review so i just want it taken off completely.

Even today i got a verify code and it doesnt work - arrghhhhh

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 By: TelesMedia Member since: Sep 2, 2009
  8. Larry Fong

Larry Fong UKBF Contributor Full Member

85 8
    No need. You sign up a google ads account with your company Gmail account. Then you can drive the traffic to any sites or landing pages with google ads.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 By: Larry Fong Member since: Dec 16, 2020
  9. richwrite

richwrite UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 0
    You just need to mark it as permanently closed, and Google will manually delete it over time.

To Remove the Google my business page, please follow the steps below -
    • Sign in to Google My Business on your phone/desktop
    • Make sure you're logging in with the same account you used to create your Google My Business account.
    • Tap on a single profile to delete it.
    • Click Info from the left-hand menu.
    • Click Close or remove this listing and click on “remove listing.”

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 By: richwrite Member since: Apr 21, 2021
  10. makeusvisible

makeusvisible UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,144 270
    You cannot stop people from leaving you a review on Google. Just like you cannot stop people from leaving you a review on TrustPilot (for example).

The best thing you can possibly do, is to get your 'Google My Business' account verified so that you can take ownership of the information Google displays. This will allow you to post public replies to reviews, as well as sending existing customers to the listing to leave you reviews.

It will also allow you to set your business information such as contact address, phone number, and set a website link. By not taking ownership of the listing, you are allowing Google to assume what is correct, and allowing people to leave reviews without being able to respond.

I've not seen a scenario where a card comes and the verification code wont work, but there is a Google My Business support system where you can directly log a problem with you so they can look into it, here.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 By: makeusvisible Member since: Jan 23, 2011
  11. Marketing Hub

Marketing Hub UKBF Contributor Full Member

35 3
    No, and be very careful with Google Ads you can burn through a lot of money if not done right. There are simple things you need to do before you ever consider running ads. This is why most people fail to get a return on ad spend

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 By: Marketing Hub Member since: Apr 29, 2021