Good afternoon from Plymouth

Discussion in 'South West' started by Daniel12012, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Daniel12012

Daniel12012 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Just joined the forum after being a watcher for the last few days. I am 34 and recently started a business buying and selling collectables mostly on ebay. I have found it difficult to push the business forward, partly because of the negativity I have experienced from a few around me. Comments such as "stop messing around with that business", and once you have a job "a jobs a job it pays the bills". I have always wanted to be my own boss, and often found myself looking how I could improve things in former employers. Jobs are difficult to come by in Plymouth unless you are happy working as a temp, so I will make something work. I especially want to prove my doubters wrong, and am currently running through some other ideas I have to see whether they are viable or not. I hope to speak to like minded people in similar situations, and also gain from the vast knowledge that is on here. A phrase I read on here earlier has stuck " a business is like a wheelbarrow, you have to keep pushing to move it forward".

Posted: Nov 4, 2015 By: Daniel12012 Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  2. DEFCON1

DEFCON1 UKBF Contributor Free Member

56 11
    It's a few months on since you posted...
    So, how are you getting on?

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 By: DEFCON1 Member since: May 28, 2016