Gibraltar Non-resident company

Discussion in 'International Business' started by acid2000, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acid2000

acid2000 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi
    Any reputable lawers that can explain structure of Gibraltar Non-resident company and help with formation and bank account opening.

If you had any positive past experience with any companies providing such services, please do recommend?

thx

Posted: Aug 18, 2010 By: acid2000 Member since: Jan 4, 2010
  2. boogs

boogs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 4
    Hi Acid,

I run an offshore company formations company and have recently removed Gibraltar from the range of jurisdictions we offer. The Gibraltar government have recently gone down the same route as Jersey and Guernsey did some years ago by introducing a body which pre-approves each company formation by vetting the beneficial owners, business plan etc. From our perspective this makes setting up a Gibraltar company a potentially much more long-winded, painful affair than before which could involve us in work that we cannot bill a client for should a company incorporation be refused. Although Gibraltar can be a good jurisdiction to choose there are many good alternative jurisdictions available to use instead.

I would be happy to put you in touch with the Gibraltar formation agent we used for many years if you want to contact me (although as it won't let me post my email address I am not sure how you can!).

John Parker
    Offshore Incorporations Limited

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 By: boogs Member since: Aug 20, 2010
  3. boogs

boogs UKBF Newcomer Free Member

28 4
    I run an offshore company formations business and after 20+ years of setting up Gibraltar companies I have recently removed it from the list of offshore jurisdictions we offer. This is because the Gibraltar government have recently introduced a body to effectively "vet" all new company incorporations (beneficial owners, business plans etc) and will only allow those it approves of. Jersey and Guernsey did this some years ago too. From our perspective this makes it a very unattractive jurisdiction to offer to clients as there is every likelihood that we would do a lots of work only to find that the incorporation is disallowed, leaving us unable to bill the client for the time wasted.

Frankly there are plenty of alternative good jurisdictions available.

I would be happy to point you in the direction of the Gibraltar registered agent we used if you want to get in touch.

John Parker
    Offshore Incorporations Ltd

Posted: Aug 20, 2010 By: boogs Member since: Aug 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.