general investment ideas

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Panky123, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panky123

Panky123 UKBF Newcomer

93 9
    ok so i am looking towards losing my job due to medical reasons, but i will be getting a lump sum at the end of it, i have been racking my brain on what to do with the money rather than just leaving it in the bank. Properties are out of the question for now so does anyone know any good ways to invest £5-10k?
    im literally just brain storming, maybe getting some suggestions from like minded people will boggle my brain enough to come up with a plausible idea :)

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 By: Panky123 Member since: Feb 10, 2013
  2. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Legend

2,629 950
    Why is property out of the question?

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend

7,483 1,642
    No job?

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  4. Josette

Josette UKBF Newcomer

22 3
    Hey Panky.

What do you enjoy? I would start by creating a list of all the things I enjoy doing and start brainstorming from there.

Are you looking to start a business, or invest in an existing one?
    Do you want to be hands-on or a silent investor?
    Do you have particular skills you love, that someone would be able to use, if you were to go into a working partnership?

Pour a glass of wine, sit, chill and daydream the things you love. See what pops in mind.

There are plenty of people who will be happy to take £5 - 10k from you. But the real issue is, what would you like to do?

Cheers

Josette

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 By: Josette Member since: Apr 2, 2017
  5. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Legend

1,921 293
    Sorry to be dull, but have you cleared any debts you might have?

A good way to make money is to first clear any debts.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  6. tukhnet

tukhnet UKBF Newcomer

47 3
    For sure, you should be out of debts before starting anything. Then you can think of an affiliate marketing website. You can buy some ready and develop them further, or just start from the scratch. There are many opportunities, it depends on you.

Posted: Aug 4, 2017 By: tukhnet Member since: Dec 8, 2016
  7. Panky123

Panky123 UKBF Newcomer

93 9
    currently i am in debt but with the payout i intend to pay them all off, property is out of question due to my poor credit rating so i will have to wait a few years i think until i can rebuild my stature...

obviosuly i intend to get a job but id like to put the money i get to good use rather than just leave it in the bank...

honestly i have been racking my brain for months now thinking of ideas thats why i was hoping maybe a few ideas could be thrown about here and with those ideas i could maybe either look into it or even might spark an idea of my own from the ideas bought up here

investing in an already built business wouldnt be so bad but i wouldnt have the first idea of how to even look into this lol (infantry soldier, i know how to shoot and clean weapons :p)

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 By: Panky123 Member since: Feb 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.