GDPR Hero game

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Gareth Houston, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Gareth Houston

Gareth Houston UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Good afternoon all,

Skillcast have created a GDPR game to help you test your knowledge of the GDPR and your ability to make the right calls in everyday data processing scenarios. You can find out more from our LinkedIn pages, it won't allow me to add a link, if you look for Laurence Tanti of Skillcast on LinkedIn and look at his latest posting and it will give you a link to the game.

Let me know what your thoughts are and whether you found it interesting.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 By: Gareth Houston Member since: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Nord20

Nord20 UKBF Regular Free Member

505 112
    Hi Gareth,

I took the test, did ok (got one wrong) and have to say I found it most useful. It's such a minefield of vague and poorly explained legislation that taking a test like this really helps you learn if you actually understand the implications or not. Seems I mostly do (so, if someone is dead, they aren't considered a data subject and you can do what you like with their data - good to know!).

Regarding the test itself - I was mostly interested in seeing if I knew the answers to the questions, so I've have been annoyed if I'd got three wrong and that ended the game - not sure of the point of limiting 'lives', there are only 10 questions, so seems a bit academic, and people who lose, will leave :)

Overall though, great job and a nice way to get some pretty dry materials across!

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 By: Nord20 Member since: Mar 8, 2011
  3. Gareth Houston

Gareth Houston UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi Nord20,

Thanks a lot for commenting and taking the time to go through the game. All of your feedback is appreciated and we do take on board any comments and suggestions you make.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 By: Gareth Houston Member since: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,215 1,719
    I hope you are not going to market to the email I just provided to ply, as I didn't consent to any contact except the game.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  5. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,215 1,719
    I'm rubbish at that game, I'm not going to play GDPR anymore it is too hard and a stupid game.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  6. Spectre

Spectre UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 3
    Is it not an open secret that although GDPR came in almost three months ago, that the official line of the ICO is that they will monitor rather than prosecute infringements, and will go after the big boys before hitting the small businesses?

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 By: Spectre Member since: Aug 13, 2018
  7. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

12,261 3,175
    It's not an open secret, it is the official line

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  8. Spectre

Spectre UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 3
    It has bred so much FUD (Fear , Uncertainty and Doubt), that the next 9 months will be a quagmire, and personally I believe that the man on the street will see it as an ally, in order to get his details removed from a tangled web of companies selling personal details.

I am secretary of two voluntary organisations, whose upper hierarchy have demanded I get consent forms signed by members before the end of September, as it is the law and September is their timetable for implementation.

When dealing with octogenarians, how does one introduce the GDPR concept, and the necessity for consent?

Yet in the past week alone I have had two cold calls, one very concerned with my accident I had in the past three years which I actually do not remember having , and another one from an insurance company suggesting that my life insurance provision is inadequate due to a change in the law governing life insurance and critical illness, and without asking too many questions were able to give me advice on changing my policy.

In each of these cases, I asked to speak to the supervisor in order to remove my details from their system under the GDPR legislation, and try to find out from whence my personal number had been harvested.

Guess what? One cold caller told me he was the supervisor, and continued to read his script, the other one put me through to his manager, who had the brains of a cockroach, and could not understand why I was asking such questions.

So next time any of the readers receive similar phone calls, please do not be logical, just vent your anger over the phone, and go absolutely mental on the person who was unlucky enough to be tasked by the software to speak on the phone.

Damm it feels good to vent, and funnily enough it kinda puts them off their script.

Posted: Aug 21, 2018 By: Spectre Member since: Aug 13, 2018