GazaInNeed.org.uk! Help the people helping Gaza!

Discussion in 'Social Enterprise' started by Dynumo, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynumo

Dynumo UKBF Regular Free Member

119 14
    Hello,

Over 257 children were killed over the past few weeks in Gaza and thousands more were injured.

There may be talks of ceasefire, but these children still need help!

Please visit the website from the Title to donate to a charity helping out in Gaza, to help these poor innocent children and civilians!

Many thanks,

Anhalo.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  2. PointandStare

PointandStare UKBF Newcomer Free Member

940 192
    This is a legally registered charity I take it?

edit - My mistake, you're just offering links to official charities.
    Apologises.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
    Posted: Jan 18, 2009 By: PointandStare Member since: Apr 20, 2008
  3. Dynumo

Dynumo UKBF Regular Free Member

119 14
    yeah, at the time I set it up I didn't have much time to register my own charity, as the crisis was more urgent.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  4. adam

adam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

930 42
    Surely if they stopped firing rockets in to Israel then they wouldn't get killed or have I missed something?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 By: adam Member since: Sep 12, 2004
  5. Simon-M

Simon-M UKBF Ace Free Member

2,826 642
    Such a needless waste of life going on there. Both sides have very valid arguments that will never be resolved by violence. On the one hand you have the down trodden and on the other you have the terrorised. Answers on a postcard to.....

Simon

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 By: Simon-M Member since: Nov 16, 2007
  6. dean023

dean023 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    I tend to agree even after the initial ceasefire they fired rockets first to kick it off again. But I agree too many innocent lives being lost

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 By: dean023 Member since: Feb 5, 2009
  7. swisslogistics

swisslogistics UKBF Newcomer Free Member

497 25
    I think there is a lack of understanding here as to the REAL cause of the problem.

If the ZIONIST's were not occupying land, slaughtering innocent people by the thousands...essentially inflicting a holocaust on the Palestinian people then there would be no resistance.

Why dont people go look at a map of the region...say a 70 year old map, its quite clear there was a place called Palestine...funny how its been wiped off the face of the earth...and no one seems to know or care, however if the President of Iran says such a thing about Isreal the whole world is ready to stand up for the Zionists.

The Zionists need to understand that the resistance or the will of the Palestinian people can never be broken...and until they learn that there is no way forward other than giving the Palestinians their rightful land and to treat them as human beings, the rockets will keep comming.

On the one side you have one of the most advanced military forces in the world on the other kids with stones, it dosent take a genius to work out that there is a massive inbalance of power.

I get VERY angry when people who know little about the conflict and its true cause make silly coments like those made above.

Isreal should be boycotted, the strong lobby in the UK should be singled out and bought to book over the act of terrorism committed by their commrades against innocents and lets not forget us the brits too.

It was us (the brits) that let this whole mess occur by issuing the Balfour act it should never have been passed, or they should have at least respected it and adheered to it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: swisslogistics Member since: Dec 4, 2006
  8. Dawg

Dawg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10,901 3,466
    I just love people who know the REAL truth, and the ZIONISTS are all to blame, because they can use SHOUTY CAPS to argue with, despite the fact that they are representing just one face of a multifaceted problem.

BTW Swisslogistics, what has the "Balfour act" got to do with the middle east? The Balfour Act was a 1902 Education Act establishing local education authorities in England and Wales. You might mean the Balfour Declaration of 1917 which led to the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. A grasp of the details helps...

Swisslogistics.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  9. dave_n

dave_n UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,860 276
    what's a zionist?
    is it the infidel western dogs who insist on receiving rockets into their gardens?

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: dave_n Member since: Oct 27, 2007
  10. adam

adam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

930 42
    But didn't Israel build the country up on a slither of land surrounded by people that want to wipe them off the face of the earth?

Okay, with hindsight not the best place to build your country!

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: adam Member since: Sep 12, 2004
  11. Gillie

Gillie UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

13,198 1,481
    We merely returned to where we started!!

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Gillie Member since: Apr 12, 2006
  12. Delta-SI

Delta-SI UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,498 1,125
    Shame that the Hamas scum bags are using ambulances to transport their troops and using children as shields while they are firing AK's at Israeli Apaches. And then they parade their dead on the streets saying that Israel is slaughtering people in their thousands? Rubbish...

By the way, I am not too impressed that you are making posts that support terrorism.

Lets hope that the Mossad sneak into their (Hamas') homes at night and quietly slits their throats. A slightly more legitimate action than the one you are proposing.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Delta-SI Member since: Nov 19, 2008
  13. Jenni384

Jenni384 UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,852 1,541
    first off: I don't rightly understand the politics going on Israel vs Gaza.

I have to say though, I don't understand why everyone is being so anti-Israel. :|

AFAIK, Gaza started this most recent conflict - them being Hamas, a known terrorist organisation. Israel responded, and are now the bad guys. I know this is a very simplistic overview of the situation, but I just don't get it.

Bottom line is, both sides should stop. But that's easier said than done :(

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Jenni384 Member since: Oct 1, 2007
  14. Gillie

13,198 1,481
    The politics involved are centuries old and for most have been lost and are now merely a case of pure hatred!

15. Comspec

Comspec UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

7,138 1,483
    Cheshire? ;)

I agree it is terrible to see children suffering, but these Hamas clowns have used children as shields in the past and will again. The last time israel gave them a tanking they felt it, yet they continue to attack them.

"Powerful nations will kick your country's butt if you fire rockets to antagonise them" - basic teachings there !!

The whole 'Israel vs the rest of the Middle East' needs to be addressd, and the UK/US constantly arming Israel and turning a blind eye to them when they use heavy handed tactics is fundamentally wrong. But, someone in that area needs to propose a peaceful solution that will suit everyone, rather than cause more children hurt and further hatred to grow up with.

It will cease to be a problem once Iran goes fully nuclear anyways....

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Comspec Member since: May 8, 2006
  16. Jenni384

Jenni384 UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,852 1,541
    Well aware of that... and the religious roots of the conflict can't be sorted out easily.

I just don't get why the Israelis are being painted as the bad guys when the other side are a known terrorist organisation... :|

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Jenni384 Member since: Oct 1, 2007
  17. Delta-SI

Delta-SI UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,498 1,125
    Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Delta-SI Member since: Nov 19, 2008
  18. Gillie

13,198 1,481
    Piss off Mark ... :eek:

Israel are deemed to be hitting children, hospitals and schools and the propoganda is making sure everyone sees the tv pics of bodies of children ... without mentioning the years they have been firing missiles into Israel and killing civilians too!

19. Comspec

Comspec UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

7,138 1,483
    One thing I have learned from growing up in Nothern Ireland.....

Until people from opposing 'sides' of any conflict can actually see things from the other 'sides' perspective, there is no way to ever reach an agreement.

From what I ever see, the two 'sides' to this conflict (gaza) will never recognise the other's POV, and it seems to be turned into a purely 'religious' thing. I notice it from the posts on here even tbh.

In NI, we have finally recognised that both sides of the religious divide were causing grief to everyone, and that allowed people to actually move towards sorting the problem. There is a long way and a couple of generations before this really sorts itself, but in the meantime we have a few hundred less people being killed each year.

I still canot believe that relgions are so competitive that they allow for members the other religions to be killed without banishing/excommunicating everyone involved......

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 By: Comspec Member since: May 8, 2006
  20. Gillie

13,198 1,481
    There is one major difference though between what happens there and what happens here!

You have to understand that religion is not just something that happens on a Friday/Sat/Sun (delete where applicable!) its a way of life. The religion dictates what you wear, what you eat, who you are seen with etc etc, so to purely look at changing that is niaive, you are looking at asking the various to completely change their whole way of thinking and breathing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.