Freelance Sales Agents - Scottish based tech start-up

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Ryan000001, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan000001

Ryan000001 UKBF Regular Full Member

255 58
    Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan and I am the founder of a new tech start up which gives companies everything they need to connect and work with freelance sales agents. Our team works from our base in sunny Edinburgh, and when I get a free hour I find myself at the top of Arthurs Seat or the Crags.

I have been an active member of the UK Business Forums for a while now and really enjoy talking about everything from freelance recruitment to SEO and have met a load of fantastic people along the way!

See you on the inside!

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    Posted: May 8, 2013 By: Ryan000001 Member since: Jan 15, 2013
  2. JamesForrest

JamesForrest UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 1
    Hey Ryan

I'm James. I recently started a digital publishing business called LBM Publishing. (You can find oru site online!)

We're looking for some freeelance sales people who are interested in getting involved with our projects. Right now we have zero budget (I'll explain in more detail to anyone who's interested), but we have three enormously exciting projects we think will do well.

We badly need people willing to take a chance with us and work on a commission basis.

Any way you can help us out?

You can mail me here, or through the on-site links.

Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: JamesForrest Member since: Jun 26, 2013
  3. Ryan000001

255 58
    Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: Ryan000001 Member since: Jan 15, 2013
  4. JamesForrest

7 1
    Ryan, site looks excellent mate

I think we should have a longer chat. How close are you guys to getting set up and being ready to roll?

5. Ryan000001

255 58
    We are looking to launch late this summer. We recently secured some rather significant funding which means that we are able to build a much more comprehensive platform to help companies that are starting up, to build, run and manage an outsourced sales team.

Pricing is still TBC but it will operate on a low monthly subscription with no limits to how many sales agents you can potentially take on. There will be no cancellation fees either.

Essentially the project started three years ago when we set out to build a team of self employed sales agents for a large (inc.500) American company that were looking to break into the UK market.

They didn't want to invest in employed sales staff before testing the market over here and asked us to set out and build a team of freelance agents for them. It was next to impossible at first, and we found that using traditional channels like the major job websites or recruitment companies were a complete waste of time and money. Infact we wasted nearly £2k and hundreds of hours on interviewing, training and mentoring sales people that were not qualified to work on a self employed basis for numerous reasons including; a lack of experience, contacts in their particular industry or being able to support themselves while building their sales pipeline.

Long story short, we cracked it with persistence and now have a very large database (which is growing everyday) of professional self employed sales agents that have chosen to become self employed due to the expertise they have in their industry and contacts they have built over the years.

This post I wrote on our blog will give you a better understanding of the reasons some experienced sales people choose to become self employed: http://www.commissiononlysalesjobs.co.uk/independent-sales-reps-breaking-away-from-the-constraints-of-employment/

If you sign up on the homepage of the website we will also notify you as soon as we are ready to invite people to start using and testing the system.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    Posted: Jun 27, 2013 By: Ryan000001 Member since: Jan 15, 2013
  6. JamesForrest

7 1
    Already done fella

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Cause I need all the help I can get!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.