General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Free/not so expensive tendering portals

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Lucky8, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky8

Lucky8 UKBF Regular Free Member

215 26
    You presume correctly. Obviously.

It does if I as a consumer have this budget, and out there is a supplier who has a tendering product that falls within it. There are some. It's not strange to come onto a business forum where people share advice and ask if anyone can recommend a couple.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 By: Lucky8 Member since: Jan 17, 2019
  2. Financial-Modeller

Financial-Modeller UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

830 307
    So having learned that nobody currently provides everything that you seek for free, why not launch your own portal to cater for the gap in the market @Lucky8 ?

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: Financial-Modeller Member since: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Lucky8

215 26
    Well I didn't ask that to start with, so I haven't learned something that I already knew.

That's an idea. Are you offering any useful tips?

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: Lucky8 Member since: Jan 17, 2019
  4. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

7,360 1,602
    That's like saying I want to buy a Porsche, but I only have a £100 and therefore there must be a supplier out there that has something similar to a Porsche, that falls within my budget.

You have looked yourself , you have asked others who use these sorts of sites for advice. You have been told that there isn't a tenders site on the market that does all you want it to without paying the going rate which is in the low thousands NOT £100.

There is no point you saying 'there are some'.... that offer everything that the more expensive portals do a fraction of the price', when there is no evidence that this is the case.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  5. Lucky8

215 26
    No. It's like saying I want to buy a mid-range SUV within my budget, I have been to some garages, seem some mid-range SUVs within my budget, which ones of these do you recommend and are there any others you think I should take a look at?

Wrong again. Nowhere have I been told that. I mentioned I had seen a couple like that.

Wrong again. The several thousand-pound portals offer added data and archives I have no use for. Over and above tenders. It is not unreasonable to look for a package that is only the tenders which would be cheaper.

Quite frankly, for someone with "ethical" and "PR" in your name, you sure make a lot of wrong assumptions and jump down people's throat for saying things they haven't said.

I have looked at portals within my budget, they're fine. That is the "evidence" you keep wanting to deny (for whatever wierd reason you have). I cannot understand why you are so hostile when someone comes on a business forum asking if anyone else has any recommendations of similar portals?

6. ethical PR

7,360 1,602
    Why is it hostile to point out that I am not aware of any national portal that has the functionality you are looking at that cost £100?

If you have found portals available within your budget of £100 which aggregate public and private sector tenders together in one place, and OJEU and non-OJEU, why aren't you using them, rather than coming on here to look for recommendations?

You saying you have found them isn't evidence. Can you name these portals as reference for others looking for something similar?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  7. Lucky8

215 26
    Good grief, there you go again. It isn't, I never said that, as you well know.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of researching various solutions, comparing them and asking a place where people are generally helpful to one other for their recommendations which you might not know about, do you?

You might want to try it some time. The helpful, polite, and listening bit. Please don't post anything else in reply to me, you have clearly got some twisted bee in your bonnet and your badgering is not helping answer my query.

8. ethical PR

7,360 1,602
    I was helpful to you. You just didn’t want to listen to the advice being offered. @Lucky8

I will presume as you are unwilling to name the two companies you say you have already found which proves your point that you can buy a National tendering service for £100 - that they don’t exist

9. Lucky8

215 26
    Oh god, you're back again.

No, you weren't helpful. If you were helpful, I would feel enlightened by your responses and I'd welcome your input.

But the reality - you know, that stuff that's real, not in your head - is that I have found your badgering significantly rude, your answers irrelevant, and I have had to go so far as to actually ask you to cease repying to me.

Yet here you are, going against my polite request. I don't know what is wrong with you, and what twisted definition you have of "ethical", but would you be so kind as to take whatever it is, elsewhere.

10. Financial-Modeller

Financial-Modeller UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

830 307
    Given the oddly belligent and antagonistic nature of your replies to the vast majority of the respondents who have taken time to freely answer your question, no.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: Financial-Modeller Member since: Jul 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.