Former Employer is demanding I sign a confidentiality deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuxbiers

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
Did the letter arrive by “signed for” Mail or similar?
If not, it never arrived, end of.

The letter was sent via recorded delivery and email. However, it was sent to my old home address and so I did not receive the hardcopy. I have however responded to the email copy by acknowleding receipt and explaining I will make no further response.

Upvote 0

Deuxbiers

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
We take at face value what the OP writes.

A quick look at his only other post on UKBF, not related to this thread, suggests a disgruntled ex employee, that perhaps feels hard done by.

If all the facts are laid on the table, we can then make accurate statements.

I suspect there are a few things that the OP has intentionally decided to omit.

I may be wrong.

I can confirm you are wrong!. The previous post you are referring to (which you have clearly taken some time to investigate) relates to a different employer and one whom I maintain a strong friendship with.

As it happens, I am somewhat disgruntled at my former employer, but my resistance to sign is purely related to the threatening tone of the letter and my experience of his character. You have made assumptions on my personal character/behavior, and it would be difficult for me to defend myself, as once you have put that idea 'out there' for all to read, other's opinions are immediately formed based on your posting. The fact is, you have no basis for your suspicions about me and I would appreciate you not making wild assumptions before first asking the question and allowing me to explain.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
It’s an open forum and free for all to comment on and offer advice. Checking a persons posts is a 20 second job and not an unreasonable assumption, based on all your posts.

I did caveat my post by using the word ‘MAY’.

I am happy you have now confirmed that there isn’t a connection, which we all take as your word.

When posting your ‘problems’ on an open forum, it’s difficult to stop people offering advice, based on their opinions.

Some you’ll like, as they may take your side, others you may not, as they may offer opposing views, perhaps based on intuition, experience or any other factors.

It’s for you to decide what you feel is good for you and what helps in your situation.

You also have to take on board that readers of this thread, who may be in similar situations, can also use the advice (or not) to help them too in their situations.

FWIW, my advice when receiving a solicitors letter is to get legal advice before responding, or indeed before throwing it in the bin, as some have suggested.

As I mentioned within this thread, some posters only include snippets of information in order to (perhaps), substantiate their viewpoint and solicit ‘sympathetic’ views.

This forum is a better place when views can be debated and challenged, within reason, to offer other alternate views and possible options.

Again, thank you for clarifying your position, but when you (had) made just 5 posts, it’s perhaps not unreasonable to point out there MAY be a connection with all 5 posts.

Good luck with the outcome!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu