First to market in the UK and how to best promote (Courier Auditing)

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Mixture, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Mixture

Mixture UKBF Regular Full Member

103 18
    Hi All.

I am looking for some advice on how to best promote a new service I have just launched in the UK which does save businesses money (I can attest to this as I used the service, prior to launching it in the UK) however not many people know this kind of service exists so I am wondering how best to promote it.

Essentially, when a package is sent with a courier, and it is delivered late, the shipper is entitled to a refund which can either be a full refund or a partial refund depending on the courier.
    The process for requesting the refunds is manual, and you need to monitor each shipment in order to ascertain whether a refund is due or not on every shipment.

Our system automates the process, audits every shipment, and requests refunds on any late shipment that should be refunded. The refunds are then credited to your account and we take a cut of the refunds. This gets money back in your account, for doing nothing, and we make a little for doing the work in the background. We only take our percentage when the refund has been processed so the business is not out of pocket and has no real risk as we only make money once we have saved you money.

I am after some advice on the best way to promote this and get businesses to sign up, as it is not something they have really heard of before.

Businesses can save between 4 & 10% on their courier bills, so we have all the selling points, it's just about reaching the right people.

If anyone is interested in taking a look our website is www.couriercashback.com and any advice on the best way to promote such a service would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mar 5, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012
  2. saythisinstead.co.uk

saythisinstead.co.uk UKBF Contributor Free Member

54 4
    You say it's just about reaching the right people?

Do you have a profile of what type of companies your service would most benefit?

I assume they will be similar to some of your current customers?

You probably won't do this (actually I'm certain you won't do this) but....why not talk to your current customers and ask them 'what do you think would be the best method we could use to get to talk to similar businesses to yours?

Just do it, ask, they'll tell you and save you an awful lot of time, money and failed tests.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: saythisinstead.co.uk Member since: Nov 30, 2017
  3. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

6,899 2,690
    This is a great product and a great service. You will be successful! Just keep on targeting SMEs and even the larger on-line people.

It will take time to take off, but remember the words "Oh beware the ketchup bottle, first nothing comes and then a lot'll!"

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013
  4. Mixture

103 18
    Thanks for the advice. I have asked a few today, following on from your message and its more about finding the right businesses. Its difficult to find a list of companies who ship with UPS / DHL / FedEx by searching online. We have so far tried searching for specific markets and finding websites that sell those products, to contact them. Another way we have tried is using business directories. Often we end up getting through to the sales team, and the person who would have responsibility for shipping is hard to get hold of.

I think if we could find a list of businesses who use couriers, we could send out emails / flyers in the mail, in order to get customers signed up. Once we get a larger quantity of customers, word of mouth will spread it as most business owners know other business owners so it can spread that way.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012
  5. Mixture

103 18
    Thank you! It is a great service and does work very well. Just need to spread the word.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,454 777
    You could look at sites the companies sell on. Trawl sites in a particular town or area.

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Mixture

103 18
    We have started that today and found quite a few businesses to contact. Wish I could find a simple way to do it in bulk.

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012
  8. Mixture

103 18
    Does anyone know of any ways I can search for a list of e-commerce businesses? Apart from the obvious Google, which doesn't turn up the results I am looking for. Need some sort of business list?

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012
  9. Paul Carmen

Paul Carmen UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

221 45
    Hi @Mixture, this looks like a great product that would save lots of customers money, basically anyone from a regular eBay seller/smaller business up to medium sized ecommerce operations.

Thinking about your question above and your initial post, for the smaller end they tend to work with what they know/trust or price compare online, so PPC search is likely to be your best option, maybe with very targeted display ads. This would raise awareness and promote your service to the smaller end of the market.

For bigger businesses, there are a couple of routes that may be decent options. We've worked with several fulfilment partners and ecommerce warehouse integrators, these companies may well be interested in the product itself, or be able to promote or resell it for you. Would you be interested in discussing this further? If so feel free to PM me and we can look at the options in more detail.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 By: Paul Carmen Member since: Jan 27, 2018
  10. Mixture

103 18
    Thanks Paul, I will send you a PM.

Posted: Mar 23, 2018 By: Mixture Member since: Jan 12, 2012