First design

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Pet Nanny, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny Contributor

1,237 89
    Someone very kindly gave me the Devi WordPress theme and I have been trying to change the size of the picture to the original design, but after a week trying to find how to resize it, I have now given up.

This site is the start of my new venture after losing my business to Covid and I am really struggling. The site is www.whenninametellie.co.uk I do not want an all-singing, dancing site, just something to start me off until I can get some money together to pay for something more professional. If anyone could advise how I change the pic to be a header, I really would be eternally grateful.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2020
    Posted: Oct 23, 2020 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  2. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,812 10,640
    It's not Devi. It's the Vandana Lite theme.

And you can't set the image to a header. What you can do is add the image a logo. Is that what you meant?

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny Contributor

1,237 89
    I am just trying to get the image exactly as it is on the Vandana Lite https://en-gb.wordpress.org/themes/vandana-lite/ Its driving me absolutely nuts and I cannot move forward with my new business until I get it right! All this time it has taken me which would probably take someone with half a brain to do in ten mins if that!

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  4. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,812 10,640
    Looks the same to me. But...

I would even have the image. All it does it push the important stuff below the fold.

it also the wrong theme if you plan to review and promote products. You need a magazine theme.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc Contributor

1,925 694
    You've replaced the custom header image with one which is a lot smaller. The theme demo is currently broken so I can't see what size it should be.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  6. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny Contributor

1,237 89
    I cannot seem to edit it at all at the moment! It is so exasperating!

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  7. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,812 10,640
    Switch to a different theme. The one you are using it wrong for you new venture

Posted: Nov 3, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. InternetMarketingPlatinum

InternetMarketingPlatinum Contributor

1,594 211
    I'm thinking I'd like to see the body of text on the homepage broken up into scannable subheadings, like Who, What, Where, How, etc.

Posted: Dec 13, 2020 By: InternetMarketingPlatinum Member since: Jul 21, 2009