Finding a better alternative for Estonian company in 2020

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Kalexi, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Kalexi

Kalexi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hello folks!

I know that similar topics were already discussed in other threads, but every case is very special (including mine) and situation is changing month to month.

Nature of my business: online marketing services. 80% of income from non-UK partners, 20% from UK partners.

My physical location: I’m a German citizen.

Current situation: I’m using Estonian e-Residency program and OÜ (kind of LTD) company. No employees (and no are expected).

PROS: no need to pay any taxes in Estonia if money will not be distributed as dividends.

CONS: but I want to use this money and therefore once I want to get my dividends, I have to pay 20% as corporate tax in Estonia, and then ~35% as income tax in Germany. So, in total ~ 50% goes to taxes.

Looking for a better alternative I’ve found a UK-based LLP as an option (my wife can be a second partner). After reading several resources, I understand that in this case only 20% of my income will be subject of UK corporate tax, while another 80% will be subject of only income tax in Germany.

Questions:
    1. Is LLP indeed a better option for my case or there are some significant cons?
    2. If I’ll go LLP way - is there any Brexit impact expected for my case?
    3. Maybe there are better options for my case I must consider?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Posted: Feb 14, 2020 By: Kalexi Member since: Feb 14, 2020
  2. eteb3

eteb3 UKBF Regular Free Member

106 9
    This looks wrong to me.

A UK LLP pays no corporation tax: it's pass-through for tax, limited for liability. If you were a UK taxpayer, you and your wife would pay income tax on the whole of the profits, apportioned according to the partnership agreement (or 50:50 absent an agreement).

https://www.wealthprotectionreport....-LLP-and-what-tax-advantages-does-it-have.cfm
    https://www.coddan.co.uk/same-day-l...ted-liability-partnership-taxation-in-the-uk/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Posted: Feb 15, 2020 By: eteb3 Member since: Jul 18, 2019
  3. Argentum Tax

Argentum Tax UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 10
    I strongly suggest you see an accountant who is experienced in these matters. I think you are labouring under many misapprehensions and may be very confused.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 By: Argentum Tax Member since: Aug 24, 2015